Confusion

Caden's POV:

I paced in my room. I was contemplating whether to call Aria or not.

My wolf was going crazy, but I had no clue why!

I gave up on deciding and dialed Aria's number.

Three rings later I was greeted by her relaxed voice. "Hello?" Aria said groggily as if I had awaken her.

Which I did...

"Hey, even though its 6 AM I need to talk."

I glanced at the hat on the night stand. He left it here. My heart started go really fast and I felt like I was going to pass out. Just thinking of him gets me all sweaty and nervous.

I've never felt that way about my boyfriend. Oh god.. Oh no. He can't. He can't be. No way. Not now.

"Hey, are you there?" Aria asked now fully awake. I snapped out of it my hands shaky.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm here sorry," I replied.

"Well? What do you need to talk to me about?" She asked, curiosity lacing her tone.

"I-I think," I trailed off wondering if I should tell her.

"Come on, I want my beauty sleep I still have another hour and half."

"He left his hat here." Really? Out of everything I wanted to say, that's all I could manage?

"You think he left his hat there?" She asked suspiciously.

"Well. Uh, I know."

"Okay. Well now that you're content about telling me that you found his hat I'm going to sleep," she said lazily and hung up before I could spit anything back to her.

I was alone.

Alone with these annoying thoughts!

I groaned and sat at the bar stools in my kitchen. Burying my head in my hands, I took a deep breath and exhaled shakily.

Maybe I should attempt to sleep?

I guess, may as well. I have things to do, I'm going to be so tired!

I got from the bar stools and stumbled my way to my bedroom.

"Sleep, sleep, sleep," I coaxed myself.

I laid there a little longer but all I could think about was him. He invaded my mind, filling it up with thoughts about himself.

Does this count as violation to my privacy? Because he's all on my mind.

My body itched all over. Every bone ached and I found myself craving a run. I shifted and hauled myself out of my room, down the stairs, and through the already broken window.

~~

Pierce's POV:

"Who's there?!" I yelled while I stood in fighting position.

"I-it's just me, Aria," the girl from earlier said as she walked up to me in wolf form. What is she trying to prove by chasing after me? "Look I just want to help okay?"

"Why? I don't need your help, bitch."

"Look here you-" she stopped herself before she said anymore. "- just let me help okay? You don't have to worry about Caden's boyfriend either, I kind of know something..."

"What about her boyfriend?" I asked intrigued. He could be a serial killer! Oh, my, god what if he's plotting to kill Caden?

Or maybe he's secretly gay...

Ooh, that'd be pretty funny. It'd sure work out for me!

Okay no, he's probably not gay.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?" Aria yelled.

"Gay?" I accidentally said aloud. Whoops. "I mean what?"

"What? Never mind. He's my mate-"

"Did you just say my name?" A guy out of nowhere asked as he was passing.

"No, get out of here, Nate." I said upset that he was listening. He always interrupts people whenever he hears mate. He thinks we said 'Nate.' Poor wolf is probably so confused by now.

"Anyways, as I was saying... Oh yes, right! He's my mate. I figured this out a while ago actually. I just didn't have the courage to break them apart you know?"

I guess I could try to understand, but not really.

"Nope I don't. I'd kill anyone with my mate."

"Well, look, I need you to break them up okay?" Aria said, her voice cracked. Well, this would be easy since she's my mate!

"Okay. Now can I go? I'm pretty hungry."

"Uh... Sure?" She said, though it was more of a question.

"Okay, talk to you later then, homie!" I replied running off home.

Wait, did I just call her homie?

Oh well.

On another topic, hopefully by now the cops gave up. Today has been way too long.

I shifted at my front door and quickly ran inside. Thank god I always keep my doors unlocked.

I went to my bedroom and fell into bed even though I was naked. I'm too lazy to change. I live alone anyways.

"I can't believe she's my mate..." I said out loud.

"Did you say my name?" Nate popped his head through my door and I hurried to put some coverage over my privates.

Oh yeah, what the hell?! Why do I still live with this guy?

"No, Nate. I didn't, now please leave."

"Okay, bye!" And with that Nate left to his own bedroom.

I forgot that I couldn't afford to live alone since I just moved out, well more like forced since my parents died. God, I miss them. Being alpha is so hard, especially so soon and sudden.

I was supposed to become alpha at 21, taking over my fathers reign. I'm surprised he lasted so long, being 50 and all. As the only child it had advantages and disadvantages. My father didn't even want kids!

My mom though, she was a different story; she wanted so many kids! I can't believe my parents were, or I guess still are, mates due to how opposite they were.

With those thoughts clouding my mind instead of Caden, I fell asleep with a sweaty, tear stained face.