Lamp

I woke up, startled, and grabbed the nearest thing next to me.

A lamp.

I yanked the cord out of the wall forcefully and my eyes took in my surroundings. I felt them widen as I took in the scene in front of me.

Glass littered my floor and a tall boy stood there looking calm.

I backed away slowly from him, sensing danger. He was muttering and looking down at the mess he caused.

"MY WINDOW!" I cried out. That would be an expensive fee. "Who are you!?" I yelled holding the lamp like a bat. Of course I have a lamp as a weapon, of all things. I could've had a mop! Or an actual baseball bat! I could shove that mop so far up hi-

He looked up at me with those light green eyes and I found my own eyes widening. He was so fine! The way the moon casted down on his-

Nope, nope, nope.

Snap out of it Caden! I told myself. He wore a simple black leather jacket and a boring grey snap back sat upon his head.

A breeze rolled in through the window and I got a whiff of his scent. He was a wolf like me which caused me to feel even more threatened because I no longer would have the strength advantage.

"That is going to be so expensive!" I said, changing topics.

"Sorry," he muttered and put a finger up to his lips. "But I'm not here! Okay? I'm running from the police. I had a... little misunderstanding."

My jaw dropped to the ground. He smiled a bit showing off perfect white teeth. He stepped forward a little closer to me.

"Stop! Don't come any closer! I have a lamp and I'm not afraid to use it!" I yelled holding the lamp tighter. He stepped forward again.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins and I threw the lamp at him and got ready to shift.

He easily dodged it, his hat falling off in the process. Suddenly, I was slammed to the ground and he held my hands above my head.

I quickly shifted and bit his arm hard and ran upstairs and locked myself in my bedroom. Hopefully I can get some time. I sat down and sighed as I wiped away the sweat that built up on my forehead. And then a sudden realization hit me. I need to call Aria... and the police... I picked up the phone with shaky hands and dialed Aria's number quickly, knowing it by heart. She picked up a second later.

"ARIA!" I hissed.

"What?" She asked her voice cautious.

"He is here! He broke in! He broke my window! I threw a lamp at him he dodged it and then he attacked me and I bit him and ran upstairs!" I cried into the phone.

"Really!? The guy from t.v. is in your house?" She asked.

"YES!" I yelled.

"Is he, like, even hotter in person?" She asked excitedly. I sighed in frustration. I could be in real danger and she's worried about how he looks!

"Maybe... But that's beside the point, he could steal something! Or-or hurt me!"

"Okay, you need to calm down," she whispered soothingly.

"NO! I'm calling the cops!" I objected.

"NO DON'T!" She screeched. "Just do him a favor! For one, he is cute. Secondly, it would be nice. Thirdly, he is sexy as hell. Four, he is majorly hot, and, finally, maybe it was all just a misunderstanding and he needs somewhere to go until the cops back off." She reasoned.

I considered it for a moment.

"No. I'm not going to hold a fugitive, I'm pretty sure that is illegal," I whispered.