Decisions to Make

BTW I'm not very good at romance parts in the story and also I won't be able to publish anything from Tuesday till next Wednesday cause I'm going on vacation. THEN on the 31st, I'm gonna be gone for about a week too so I'll try to publish one more by Tuesday. By August 14th there won't be that much time to finish this so probably by then I'll upload a chapter once every week. Bye! 

Nudge POV (When Max is unconscious, this is what's happening) 

A loud bang is heard behind me and as I turn to look, Max beside me crumples to the ground. She was shot, most likely. And If she was shot next to me, then we were open for more attacks. I guess Fang thought the same thing because in the next 2 seconds he shouted, "Fall!". Immediately the flock all fell to the ground and tried to find a place to cover. "Over here!", Gazzy shouted and motioned us toward him. We all crawled over to him, even that pretty lady and the guy with the weird glasses. I could tell just by looking at them that they liked each other. I grinned. Couples are so nice I just wished Max and Fang weren't so awkward around each other and were like these two people. Well, Max was awkward. Fang.....was calm about it while Max looked like she would run away any time Fang made contact with her. Max was calm in the face of danger, but love? She couldn't handle. 

I was brought back to the present by a groan of pain and look to see Max lying on the floor with blood dripping from her wound. The lady reached out her hand and Max slid across the floor towards us and we all went into the room next to us. I hear loud bangs and screams and l peek my head out of the room to see men flying everywhere and that big guy holding what looks like knives in his knuckles. I narrow my eyes and gasp. They were actually claws poking out of his skin. He was slicing through them in a very skillful manner that implies that he's trained before. 

A pounding of boots is heard in the other direction and I whip my head in the other direction. About 25 men were out there with guns loaded and with a look that was left with the imagination of what would happen if they caught you. I withdrew from the scene and turned towards everyone who was trying to help Max. "Men coming from the other side guys, we need to get out of here". The pretty lady looked up and smiled at me. "Scott", she said and her eyes flickered to him, "go check outside and tell me how much more time we have". Scott nodded and started walking towards the door. I felt a little hurt. Did they not think that I could check? I let the man pass as he peered cautiously outside. He turned to look at us and answered, "Jean, we have about 2 minutes until they reach us". The lady nodded

"Should we fight them off?", I asked quietly. Jean thought for a second and nodded. "We'll go fight them off while you guys stay with Max". I frowned for a second and was prepared to speak when Fang beat me to it. "We should all fight them off because six is better than two and we have some fighting experience". Scott nodded thoughtfully while Jean shook her head. They both looked at each other and came to a silent agreement. "Fine", Jean said. "But Gazzy and Angel are going to stay here to watch over Max, ok?" We reluctantly agreed. Jean, Scott, Iggy, Fang and I walked out the door to the upcoming army. I only hoped that we would come out of this mess still free and that Max would be ok.