Leaving on a Jet Plane

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

Cheryl stood outside Kimberley's door, fiddling with her thumbs as she tried to gain the courage to at least ring the doorbell. She instructed the cab to make a slight detour before driving to the airport, and is now waiting impatiently for the singer to finish her business, blowing his horn a couple of times to get Cheryl's attention, forcing the singer to ring the doorbell, it's not so much as courage but at least she was able to do the first thing she had to if she wanted to see Kimberley before she left.

Cheryl can almost feel a sob coming from her as she heard footsteps coming closer. It was only seven o'clock in the morning so she knew that Kimberley must have only gotten up from the bed. "Hi." She croaked, once the door opened, revealing the blonde beauty she had fallen over and over again for ever since they met.

"Hey." Kimberley was confused, Cheryl was dressed up in her usual disguise, wearing huge sunglasses and a baseball cap. "Do you want to come in?"

"No I've got a cab waiting for us." Cheryl swallowed the lump on her throat as she spoke, she now wishes she hadn't done this so last minute.

Kimberley was even more confused now, just noticing the cab behind Cheryl. "Where are you going this early, babe?"

It took everything for Cheryl not to burst out crying right there and then, she needed to stay strong otherwise she wouldn't be able to leave at all. "Just came to say me goodbyes."

"Goodbyes? Where are you going, Cheryl?" Kimberley was growing nervous. Obviously, Cheryl didn't want to answer her question but she asked again. She needed to know where her girlfriend was going.

Instead of answering, Cheryl stepped forward wrapping her arms around Kimberley as if her life depended on it. "I'm going to miss you so much, Kimba." This time, Cheryl wasn't able to stop herself from crying. "I don't know when I'll be back but please promise that you'll wait for us."

"Where are you going?" Kimberley was getting agitated.

"I know I've fucked up many times but I'm going to get my shit together while I'm gone." Cheryl pulled back a little, a minute away from completely losing herself when she saw tears forming in Kimberley's eyes. "Please wait for us, I'll come back and I'll be so much better at everything especially in our relationship."

"Please tell me where you're going, I need to know where you're going." Kimberley pleaded, her vision getting cloudy and her grip on Cheryl's hands grew tighter.

Cheryl shook her head, wiping Kimberley's tears away with her thumbs. "I love you so much." She whispered, before pressing her lips against Kimberley's. "Don't ever forget that."

Before Kimberley can protest more, the cab's horn was blowing once more and Cheryl was torn away from her faster than she would have liked.

Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

The first few days had been hard on Kimberley, she kept trying to call Cheryl, sometimes she'd get her voicemail, the other times her phone would be dead. But she never failed to leave her messages. Every single day. Even after months. "Please come back, you don't have to fix anything about yourself, I love you for who you are. There's nothing to change."