Time After Time

If you're lost, you can look and you will find me.

It was another long day at the Tweedy-Payne household, if you can still consider it that, after a few days of staying with her daughter, Joan left to go back to Newcastle leaving Cheryl and Bear, still sleeping soundly, alone in the home which seemed so huge to only be housing two people.

Kimberley immediately read the text she received from her best friend's mam. She was already dressed and ready to leave, just patiently waiting for the specific text from Joan to come. Leaving her own household, Kimberley kissed her two children goodnight, her husband, Justin, already briefed about the arrangements for the night.

"Say hi to her for me." He said, seeing his wife out the door. "And be careful driving, I love you."

Kimberley returned the sentiment, before practically running to her car, making Justin shake his head with a chuckle.

Cheryl has just always been one of her priorities ever since they met through the band a decade and a half ago. It was inevitable that during this time, she'd choose to stay with Cheryl and Bear for a night or two.

For months there had been several speculations about Cheryl and Liam's apparent separation. The couple was last seen in public during the Brits Awards a few months back. Early on in the year, one could say that the speculations were utterly rubbish. Cheryl and Liam was happy living in their little love bubble as a family of three.

As months passed by, both had been busy, Liam was focusing on his career and Cheryl, with a few events here and there, stayed at home with their little bundle of joy.

Liam was home less and often, it was Kimberley that Cheryl would ask for help when it comes to Bear. Until inevitably, Cheryl can feel both Liam and herself growing apart more and more, making them resort to their final decision which is to separate.

It was hard, of course. She didn't know how to tell anyone, not even her mam. It broke her emotionally, admitting yet again another failed relationship to her mother.

But as always, Joan being her loving self, just comforted her daughter, rode the next train to London to be with Cheryl and her youngest grandson. She offered to stay with her until she feels better or at least until she is needed back at home, just like she did during Cheryl's other failed relationships.

Kimberley parked the car in front of Cheryl's house, she was sure she'll already be heartbroken at what she'll see inside. She just hates it when Cheryl is going through a rough time knowing all she can do is to be with her to make her feel better. Through the years her best friend had suffered several heartbreaks, both romantically and career-wise and every time, she just wishes she can take the pain away because she's not sure how much more pain the Geordie can take.

Cheryl woke up to Bear crying, she instantly sat up and picked him up from the bed. "Mam is here, baby boy." She cooed, swaying the one-year-old side to side to try and calm him down.

"Give him to me."

Cheryl almost had a heart attack, hearing Kimberley's voice. She quickly spun around to be met by her best friend, smiling smally at her, with her arms reaching for Bear.

"I'll take care of him, you just rest." Kimberley cuddled Bear in her arms, singing to him softly until he fell back asleep. "Is it okay if I tuck him in in his room?" She whispered.