4. Poppy

April 3, 2010

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

Mia stepped down the stairs of the Salvatore Boarding House, wearing a tank top and sweatpants for comfort. She hadn't spoken in a week and stayed mostly in her bedroom. Quietly, she walked to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. She opened it and grabbed a bottle of Ginger Ale from the shelf, hoping it would ease her upset stomach, which was mostly from the stress. She shut the fridge and gasped when she saw a figure standing there, who was hidden when the door was open. She squatted to the floor, grabbing the bottle that she had dropped, not bothering to hide her annoyance on her face. 

"What do you want, Stefan?" She asked coldly, walking to the counter and pouring the Ginger Ale into a glass.

"I wanted to check on you." He told her. "You haven't spoken to us in a week." 

Mia rolled her eyes and turned back to her drink, taking a sip. 

"Please talk to me." He spoke, his voice soft. 

His sister narrowed her eyes and threw at him her drink, which spilled onto his shirt and shattered on the floor. She swung her hand to slap him, but a hand grabbed her wrist. She was pulled back, pressed up against a figure. Struggling against him, she left out a few grunts of anger, tears stinging her eyes. 

"Let me go." She growled, her breathing revealing how angry she was. 

"Not until you calm down, Mia." Damon spoke, holding her tightly against him. 

"I said let me go!" She exclaimed. "Leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you."  She said, trying to pull away from him. 

Stefan walked to her, cupping her cheeks with gentle hands. "Mia, please calm down." 

"No!" She exclaimed. "I will not calm down!" 

"Mia, we're sorry." Damon said in her ear. "What we did was wrong."

She struggled against him some more, tears pouring from her eyes. "Let me go." She spoke, becoming tired of fighting against him. 

"Not until you calm down." Stefan told her, wiping her tears. 

"You think I'm going to fall for this good cop bad cop thing you're doing?" Mia asked, head butting her brother and finally getting out of Damon's arms. 

Stefan grunted, rubbing his head after stepping back. Mia began to leave the room, but Damon vamped in front of her. 

"Fine. Don't accept our apology, but at least listen to what we have to say." He told her, reaching out to her hands and holding them. 

"And what's that?" She asked, still upset. 

"It's about your father." Stefan spoke as she turned her head to look at him.

"What about him?" Mia asked, forgetting that she was angry at them. 

"He's alive." 

Mia stood by the fireplace, nibbling on her fingernails as Damon and Stefan both explained how they know her father is alive. Their voices became muffled as thoughts swirled her head, distracting her. 

"He hasn't come for me." She spoke quietly, her brothers becoming silent. "If he's alive, why hasn't he come for me?" She looked at them, tears in her eyes. 

"We don't know, little Fish. We don't even know who he is. He could be right under our noses." Damon said, his face filled with sadness for her. 

Stefan cleared his throat, shoving his hand in his pocket and pulling out an envelope. "This was on the doorstep yesterday. It's from your Dad."