A. R. Chapter 2

I groaned. I couldn't seem to get those cat's eyes out of my head. One pair as blue as ice, the other red hot. I groaned and curled up. 

"Lucy." said a voice. "Time to get up."

"Five more minutes, mom." I mumbled.

"What?" Said the voice. "I'm not your mom! It's me, Skye."

"Skye?" I mumbled. "What are you doing in my room?" 

"Lucy! Would you just open your eyes?"

I groaned again and heard Skye sigh.

"Lucy! Max and Justin are here!"

"WHAT!?" I yelped jumping up. "My rooms a mess! They can't come..." My voice trailed off as I heard a bunch of snickering. That was when I realised that I wasn't even in my room. The room we were in now was nearly completely dark. Straining through the dark, I saw that each of my friends were held in small cages. Moving forward trying to get a better look, my face smacked into something cold and hard. Using my hands, I realised that I was also held in a cage. 

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Wish I knew." answered Skye pushing at the bars. 

I heard footsteps coming our way. 

"Quick!" I hissed. "Someone's coming! Act like you're asleep!"

I closed my eyes and slowed my breathing. 

"So have they confirmed the element tests?"

"Yes. But that is all. They have to conduct more experiments to find out their exact powers."

I opened my eyes slightly and peeked up at the two people. There was a girl and a boy.

The boy moved to Max's cage. "Speed."

The boy proceeded to Grace's cage. "Mind."

"Strength," he said in front of Justin's cage, and he assigned the element, "Aqua," to Rachel.

When the boy stopped in front of Skye's cage, I could see him clearly. He looked to be about 17 with brown hair and glasses. His voice went along with his looks; nerdy, as if he was plugging his nose while speaking.

"Air." the boy said to Skye, jotting something down on his clipboard. Then he knelt down next to my cage, peering in at me. He winked at me. "Mind also."

He stood and walked to the girl, who was furiously writing something on her clipboard. 

"That's not all." Continued the boy, pointing to Skye. "That girl had this." He held something up.  The girl gasped.