Chapter Five: She-Wolf

I guide the lost wolf into my backyard, along the way I mind linked Blake to bring us a blanket, he met us outside and handed over the blanket. "Thank you, Blake, we'll be inside momentarily." My eyes turn back towards Lorali, "You are safe to shift back now, cover yourself with this blanket when you are done and we'll get you into some warm, clean clothes." She happily obliges, I turn away as she shifts. I hear some rustling behind me, a small frail form slowly appearing in front of me with puffy and sullen dark brown eyes, wavy red locks, and a beautifully freckled face. She must be around the age of seventeen, I notice her shivering and quickly usher her blanket-clad body inside and upstairs. "Here, allow yourself to relax, take a nice warm bath while I fetch you some decent clothes. Clean towels are under the sink, help yourself and don't be afraid to call me if you need anything at all." I speak while busying myself with fixing her a bath, wasting no time. I leave her to bathe, rummaging through my clothes I find an old faded dark blue hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. We'll have to go shopping... I cannot leave her feeling worse about her situation. My wolf reassures me yet again, First thing's first, find out the situation. Then we can focus on the rest.

I feel Blake's presence lingering outside my door, pacing back and forth. I pry the door open, "Blake, what is the matter? Why are you pacing like a madman?" I ask him with a short temper, Calm yourself my wolf orders me. A calmness washing over me, I revert my attention back to Blake to hear him rambling on about Lorali. "And yeah, so in conclusion, I believe she is our mate... and Ahanu is going mad at the thought of her being in danger. Is she in danger Becc's? Wait... who exactly is she, how do you know her, why is she in our house? Not that I mind, her scent is driving us crazy." His voice lingers off at the end, Makawee, can I tell him? She gives me a yip of approval, "I do not yet know if she is any danger, I will keep you posted. She is a she-wolf who has been kicked out of her pack for reasons still unknown to me. She approached me on the street about a half hour ago in need of my help. When I passed out on the night of my first turn, my soul was brought to another dimension. Mother Moon, the guardian of all wolves, spoke to me and informed me of how her lost wolf soul has chosen me to live in after centuries of wandering the earth. I have many new responsibilities that have been thrust upon me. I am now also a guardian of all wolves. Every wolf is drawn to me and may seek me out when they are in need. This is why Lorali has been brought here." The mention of Lorali sends his heart off erratically beating in his chest. 

"Now please shoo, we do not want to scare our new guest until we hear her story. I will keep you updated, for now, please promise to keep your distance?" I ask him, he simply replies with a nod as I see his feet reluctantly moving him down the hallway into his room. I shut the door, falling onto my bed I roll over back on my feet as realization hits. I should let Lorali have my bed tonight, Ipout momentarily before Makawee all but kicks me mentally. I huff and puff before pulling my shit together, I tidy the bed to make it look more presentable. I grab one of the many pillows on the bed, saving it for myself. I hastily run down the hall to the closet and grab the extra mattress, pulling it into my room and covering it with freshly made sheets. There we go, we will just let her choose which one she'd prefer to sleep on now that they are equally as comfortable options. I smile at myself but Makawee still seems a little unsure, I assure you that I am fine with sleeping on the extra mattress and will make it known Mak, I am putting her first. It will take me a little time to fully adjust to being the guardian of all wolves. Have patience with me... She nudges me softly and apologetically, It's okay, Mak. I hear water swooshing around before it drains. I wait a few seconds before knocking on the bathroom door, clothes in hand. "I have clothes for you, Lorali." The door opens completely, I see her clad in only a towel, well she certainly isn't shy. A small smile creeps its way onto her lips, "Thank you so much ... Becca, for taking me in and providing me with a safe place to stay for a few days." Hmm, what else should she call me? Mother? Guardian? Guardian Becca? Ugh, how do I do this?  I opt for the easier answer at the moment, "Just call me Becca." I send her a kind, reassuring smile. "It is my pleasure to be able to help you in your time of need." Perfect choice of words, Makawee applauds me. "However, if you are going to be in my house with my family, I must know your story. Why were you kicked out of your pack? Are you in danger? Is anyone coming after you?" I prevent myself from further overwhelming her. Our bodies move to sit on my bed as she begins to share her story.