Chapter Fifteen: In which Sophie and Keefe say some special words

Sophie Foster

          "Remind me to yell at my mom, when I leave." Biana mumbled. Fitz agreed, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Hey! I quite enjoyed the stories Sophie's parents told." Keefe mused. Sophie glare dagger's into her boyfriend's back, not happy that her parents didn't seem to have any stories about Keefe. "Well, that's because you apparently don't have any embarrassing stories, Keefe." Dex replied, waving his hands into the air. Sophie nodded, twirling in her desk chair. They all agreed on going to Havenfield, to chat a little. Actually, complain about their embarrassing childhoods. "Guess I'm just cooler than you guys!" Keefe sang, plopping down on Sophie's bed. "Nope! No stinky boys on the bed!" Sophie ordered. Keefe groaned, sliding down to the floor. "I can't believe you still remember that," he mumbled"And unless you guys want to hear all of the ways I 'embarrassed my parents, I'll be happy to share.

The room suddenly went quite by those words. Sophie had completely forgotten about Keefe's horrible childhood, mostly consisting of his parents verbally abusing him. Keefe seemed to shrug it off, but Sophie didn't. She tried her best to let Lord Cassius know that what he is doing is wrong, in every way possible. "Well, um...who wants mallowmelt?" Sophie asked, jumping up from her chair. She didn't like changing the subject, but it sounded apporite now. "I'll come with you, Foster!" Keefe said, opening the door. He clearly, was anxious to get some fresh air. "Sure, let the two love birds get the food." Biana mused, a smirk evident on her face.

"Suuurrre. And, I'll pretend I didn't see you and Tam full out kissing." Sophie sang

"You kissed Tam?" Fitz said, a frown on his face.

"So! You kissed Linnnh." Biana said, trying to change the subject.

Sophie exited the room, leaving the bickering siblings to be. She did feel bad for poor Dex, who had to listen to them fighting. She intertwined her fingers with Keefe's and they headed down the stairs. "Sophie, the weathers...nice." Keefe said, his hands turning sweaty. Sophie still didn't pull away, not wanting to be rude. But, she did stop at the last step. "You said my first name," Sophie said, her brows raised. He regularly did that to announce bad news. "Your, also talking about the weather?" Keefe let go of her hand, fumbling with the sleeves of his shirt. "I was wondering if you would want to go....to the Foxfire ball?" Keefe asked, his head titled. Sophie eyes seemed to beam by that sudden question. Foxfire was holding a ball, and she had been waiting for Keefe to ask her. Now, he finally did, and all Sophie could feel like doing is jumping up and down. Maybe squealing a bit. "Of course!" she settled with a hug instead. Keefe's lips tugged into a grin, and Sophie couldn't help but kissing him. Closing the distance between them, connecting there lips together.

She loved the taste of vanilla and strawberries, the taste it's self kinda addicting. She loved feeling warmth spread to her body. She loved being with him. She loved....him? Sophie pulled apart, rethinking her question. She didn't have much time though, because Keefe pulled her inside the kitchen. Resuming there original task of getting Mallowmelt.

Sophie however did get to think while Keefe was getting the sweet treat. Did she really love Keefe? Like a lover? Like spend the rest of her life with him? What if he left her? What of he didn't love her back? Thousand of questions, swarmed through her brain, making a headache grow. Her hands went to messaging her temples, something she did quite frequently. "Hey Foster, you okay?" Keefe asked, putting the mallowmelt aside. "I think...I think I love you." Sophie whispered, not sure why she said it out loud. Silence seemed to sallow her, worried that she had said something wrong. "You think?" Keefe questioned. Sophie groaned. She had said that in the most ridiculous way ever. "I know I love you." she corrected, putting her hands in his. "Truly?" Keefe asked

"Truly. I really love you, Keefe." Sophie stated, smiling.

"I love you too, Sophie." Keefe replied

"Truly?" Sophie asked, using Keefe's words.

"Truly." Keefe said.

Keefe grabbed the mallowmelt, making her focus on what they were her for. I mean besides the sudden confession, they were grabbing some food. Sophie followed Keefe, and they entered her bedroom. "What took you so long?" Biana asked

"Couldn't find the mallowmelt." Sophie replied casually

"Oh really?" Fitz asked

"Yep." Keefe replied

"Suuureee." Dex added, rolling his eyes. Sophie reached for a piece of mallowmelt, leaving the conversation at that. She wanted to surprise her friends when Keefe or her told each other "I love you'. She smiled, thinking of the reactions they would have.

+Author's Note+

Woo Hoo! They said there first 'I love you's'! I know the chapters short but I wanted to end it with some humor and cuteness.

Anyways, Thank you for reading this little fanfic. Annnd! Thank you for the votes! Just entering wattpad and seeing the amount of votes this book has, is like pure gold!

Hope you enjoy your day, you little person.