Chapter Twenty - 'Last Lesson.'

Hermione couldn’t see where Draco was leading her since he had tied a blue spotty tie around her eyes. She kept a tight hold on his arm, feeling like she had gone back in time seven months ago when Draco got released from the Ministry prisons: she had not let go of him that whole week. She was all for keeping him as close as possible for the rest of her life but Draco had chuckled at that and told her he needed to find work and a house and... so many other things that went straight over Hermione’s head as she fixated on those lips  of his.

Draco had found a job after weeks of searching. He was now working in a muggle shop since the wizarding world wouldn’t employ him. He had found a job in a music store and had been very excited about it, Hermione remembered. For days afterwards, he would talk to Hermione and Rose at breakfast about all the things he got to do in the store. He played his guitar at home, much to Rose’s enjoyment.

Rose was very excited to start school in a different place and Hermione smiled when her daughter explained all about her muggle teachers and her friends. She also had clung onto Draco who would drop her off every morning. The first few days were the hardest since she never wanted to leave Draco when he dropped her off to school but now she would rather run away from Draco and tell him that he could go to work now.

Hermione chuckled at the memory of Draco’s face falling as though his own child had brushed him off like that. Of course, Rose was as much Draco’s child as she was Hermione’s.

‘Stair. Stair! I said stair!’ Draco’s voice sounded in Hermione’s right ear and she lifted her foot to put on the stair that she couldn’t see. Draco sighed, ‘will you listen to my instructions? Do you want to fall?’

‘Sorry! I was just thinking of these last seven months,’ Hermione admitted, feeling another stair and climbing it before Draco made her stop walking, ‘I mean, I’m so glad you’re here with me... of course, I’d love to say this to your face if you take this bloody tie off my eyes!’

‘This bloody tie will be off in a second,’ Draco let out a deep chuckle and she heard something clinking in front of her, ‘and thanks. I... don’t think I would have survived that cell if I didn’t have you to think of.’

‘So very romantic,’ Hermione grinned, ‘I really wish I could see your face!’

‘Hold on!’

‘Yes, master!’

‘Kinky,’ Draco commented which made Hermione blush furiously.

Hermione was about to make a very stuttered comment when Draco took her hand and pulled her forwards. She paused and could feel Draco’s lips briefly kiss her neck, making the skin heat up instantly, before his skilful hands undid the tie around her eyes. The material fell off and Hermione opened her eyes slowly.

‘Welcome to our new house!’ Draco grinned from ear to ear as he spread his arms wide to give the big reveal.

Hermione supposed she should close her mouth to stop herself from drooling but she didn’t think of that. The house was beautiful to say the least. The kitchen was spacious, the back garden was perfect for Rose to play in, the living room held a massive television, the room... Oh, the room... Her and Draco’s room.

Draco led her around like a tour guide, telling her about all the different features of the house that included a wine rack, a walk in closet, and an en-suite bathroom. He got to their master bedroom and Hermione let out a delighted squeal.

The bed had been made to perfection with the light blue and white sheets flowing down on either side. The curtains on the bed were white and pushed backwards. The dresses was a glamorous white with a little chair that she could sit down and tug at her unruly mane of brown hair. Pictures lined the walls of a few drawings that were from Draco and some of her and Draco and Rose.