Chapter Six - 'Dinner at Granger's.'

‘Give me that,’ Eva muttered, quite annoyed while she tried to take the cigarette from between Draco’s lips. Draco moved his face away from her as he lit his cigarette. Eva sighed, ‘that’s such a bad habit, Draco.’

‘It’s my bad habit. Let it go,’ Draco rolled his eyes as he blew out some smoke rings. He winked at Eva, ‘bet you can’t blow smoke rings.’

Eva just shook her head and straightened her dress as they walked down the street together at night. The wind bit viciously at her exposed legs and face but Draco had lent her his jacket which she tightened around herself. Draco’s arm wrapped around her shoulders and she smiled, leaning into him, as they walked to Hermione’s apartment for dinner.

Draco blew smoke into the air again, feeling a lot more calm than he was this morning. He held his cigarette between his index and middle finger as they walked down the paved pathway to the building. He opened the door and let Eva walk in first before following her.

‘She has a nice house, I promise,’ Draco said as they walked upstairs.

The lobby was very tiny and constricted with concrete, grey walls and floor. Graffiti was painted on some of the walls and Eva raised her eyebrows at the rude words. They walked upstairs, Draco behind her, and then he led her down the corridor to a door that had a mat in front of it that said ‘Welcome!’. 

‘Wait,’ Eva said, grabbing his arm to stop him from knocking. Draco stopped and looked at her, putting his cigarette out and chucking it to a corner. Eva shook her head at his behaviour but tip toed up and kissed his lips, ignoring the cigarette smell, ‘just in case.’

‘Just in case what?’ Draco asked, frowning  a little.

‘In case you decide to stop being stupid and chase after the woman you’ve been drawing for five years,’ Eva smiled at him before knocking on the door.

Draco raised his eyebrows at her as she looked at the door, hearing a faint voice say ‘coming!’ and footsteps. Draco leaned forwards and kissed Eva, her arms wrapping around his neck as their lips moved against each others, hearing the lock click. Eva suddenly pulled back, straightening her dress and running  a hand through her hair just as the door opened to reveal Hermione.

‘You must be Hermione,’ Eva smiled, glancing at Draco and rolling her eyes as he still had his hood up. She leaned up and yanked his hood down. Draco ran a hand through his hair while Hermione smiled at them both.

‘Come on in,’ Hermione moved back to let them walk into the house before she closed and locked the door behind them. She walked forwards a little, ‘Michael! They’re here!’

‘You look amazing,’ Draco said, looking at Hermione. She wore a dark green dress that stopped a little above her knees with a black belt that wrapped around her small waist. Her hair hung down her shoulders in soft waves. Hermione blushed pink and smiled, thanking him.

Michael came out of the kitchen, carrying Rose who was asleep on his shoulder. He was a tall, slim man that had a full head of soft, wavy black hair. His eyes shone bright blue as he extended a hand for Draco, with a dazzling smile, ‘I’m Michael Donovan, nice to meet you.’

‘Draco Malfoy,’ Draco shook his hand firmly, keeping eye contact.

‘Hello, Michael, my name is Evangeline but, please, call me Eva,’ Eva smiled as she shook his hand and looked at Rose, smiling, ‘Hermione, your daughter looks just like you. Is Michael her father?’

‘Thank you,’ Hermione said, watching as Michael carried Rose into her room. She turned to Eva, ‘Michael isn’t the father but I wish he was. He’s great with Rose even when she’s in a mood.’