4 - Crazy Ex and An Opportunity

"Earth to Jesse."

I heard my friend Lucy calling my name and it made me forget about my current thoughts which were occupied by yesterday's events.

I still couldn't help to wonder about what Andrew said last night. He wasn't confused or surprised when I told him what I overheard but he ordered me not to say anything to anyone. I was going to tell my uncle which is a police officer but Andrew told me that wouldn't be necessary and also he wasn't sure we could trust the police or something. Which is kind of weird. He's been acting like someone's planning to kill his dad but all we know for sure is that they just don't like him as a mayor.

I still can't tell anyone though. Great! Another secret I have to hide from my friends, as if I wasn't lying to them enough already.

It's not like I didn't want to tell Lucy and Felicity about yesterday but I couldn't. If I did Andrew would reveal my secret to the whole school and my life would be ruined. As much as I'd love to be honest with my friends I also have to think about consequences for my actions.

"We're almost there." Lucy said driving her car into the school's parking lot. She usually drove me to school since I didn't have a car or a license to drive one.

Felicity lived pretty close to school so she usually just walked. Not only that, ever since the accident that took away her father's life she's been avoiding traveling with cars as much as she can. But who can blame her.

"Oh, great." I mumbled.

"Huh? Did you say something?" Lucy asked me but I didn't want to get into it. I already felt pretty weird and I definitely didn't need her lectures.

"No, I was just a bit worried because of... homework." I lied. "I didn't get the chance to do it properly since I was in a hurry."

"Relax, I'm sure you did fine." She replied. "Who cares about the homework when you finally told us the big news. Which reminds me, you need to get a boyfriend!"

"What? No I don't." I almost gagged. The last thing I needed was Lucy invading in my intimate life which was nonexistent by the way.

"Of course you do. You're just a little scared. C'mon let me help you, besides I can't let my friend be alone for the rest of his life. You need to go out there and have some fun. I'm sure I can find you a hot guy in a sec. Don't you worry about a thing, let mama take care of the business."

Oh, hell to the no. I know exactly what she means by taking care of business. She'll just find me some weirdo and then I'll end up trying to escape from our date. That will be a disaster.

She would kill me if she knew I'm telling you this but to be honest she's not that great at picking good partners. For example her longest relationship lasted for a month. And the only reason it even lasted that long was because she wanted to enjoy spending her boyfriend's money.

If that doesn't tell you that she's the last person you'd go to ask for a dating advice then I don't know what does. I mean don't get me wrong I love Lucy but she's like a total fiasco when it comes to relationships.

"Um, no thanks. I'm good." I responded. "I just need to graduate high school in peace. Besides it's not like there're hot guys lined up to go on a date with me. And you also know how closed minded this town is. If they found out about my secret they'd literally burn me alive."

"I think you're being a little dramatic." Lucy replied but I rose my eyebrow in denial. "Okay, okay. I agree that sometimes people in here can be a little too traditional but you're still you. And I'm sure your parents would never let something like that to happen."