Chapter 1: (Not edited)

~Okay before you read this let me explain that this is not edited and I will eventually ...when I finish the book, also the story will make more sense as the story continues :))~

I bite the inside of my cheek as the older blonde lady behind me moves my hair away my neck. Sucking in a breath a feel the tip of the needle being injected in my skin emptying all its contents. I open my eyes as I feel the needle being slowly removed from my skin. I turn around to see the lady throwing the needle away. "Thank you!" I replied a little too happily for someone who just got a needle in their neck.. But this was nothing new for me, In fact it I had over 947 of them in my lifetime.

"Oh it's no problem dear" She smiles back "I've been giving you this shot for most of your life and you say thank you every time, there is no need to sweetie.. now hurry along and i'll see you next week".

I nod my head slowly smiling and turn around going through the white colored doorway I go through every week, On the other side of the door is a hallway lines up with many more doors which in each one of them consisted of people getting the weekly nutrition shot just like I did. Some of the lesser class people could not afford it though so they only get theirs done maybe once a month. I stand outside the door I just came out of waiting for the people in the other rooms to finish and come out. Once everyone is standing outside of the given door we all turn our bodies right making our way to the main area waling in a perfect straight line. The shortest in the front and tallest in the back. Everyone knowing their place and keeping their heads down.

As soon as my line steps outside the double doors we all break formation and head are separate ways. Heading out of the main door of the nutrition building I see some of the poor sitting opposite of the building with signs in their hands reading things like : NO MORE SHOTS, THE GOVERNMENT IS EVIL, THEY'RE KILLING US!!!!

This was nothing new though. The rebels always had a problem with the richer folks and were jealous. I turn my head like many others did when I hear a shot knowing what's about to go down as I see police running towards the people with the guns out. I quickly turn my head again looking through the orderly lines of people.I groan quietly trying not to cause attention to myself.

-Rule number 5 Never cause attention to yourself-

"Roslynn" ....

"Roslynn".....nononononononono

"Rosl-" "WHAT' I shout back turning around meeting my green eyes with Brandon Taylor's dull brown eyes.

"I just wanted to say hello.... wow no need to get salty to your future husband" He smirks putting one of his hand on my shoulder while the other one tries to brush my long dark brown hair out of my eyes. I swat his hand away.

"First of all don't you put your hands on me without my consent" I whisper quite loudly moving my hands as I talk creating weird hand motions.

"And second you are not and will never be any kind of husband to me"

"Actually Lynn according to the laws you are. We were matched by them. ANd you know what that mean, we HAVE TO GET MARRIED!!!" He whisper shouts me yelling causing some of the people around us to look and then look away quickly. Them knowing it's not polite to stare.

"I DOn't have to get married to you. You want to know why because i don't like you... There I said it." I said harshly trying to turn away to look for my parents again but hands pull me back so i'm face to face again with him.

"You and i know pretty damn well that you have no choose to not marry me, And you know what your not the only one who doesn't like this whole stupid arranged marriage thi-" He stops looking into my eyes " Our soon to be marriage and everyone else marriage around this hell hole was arranged by the government, so don't think for one second everyone should pity you for not liking the person you marry- there thousands not liking it.." "Who is she" I say back

"No one" He replies not looking into my eyes

"Don't you lie to me, now i asked a question- WHo is SHe?!"

"Br---hdbsdhsjdf" he said mumbling up his words in the process

Even though i didn't like him at all, and wot ever in my small pathetic spoiled life he was breaking a law by showing feeling towards someone you aren't matched to.

"WHO" I whisper shouted back with more power letting my anger get the best of me, now people where looking "I swear to god if you don't tell me Il-" I stop. Breath Lynn don't let a GUY get the best of you, you are better than him

"OKAY OKAY- Its bre.." I suddenly let go of his shoulders I didn't realise i was holding in all this commotion.."What" "YOu herd me its Bre..Need me to spell it out B-R-E"

I cut him off by slapping him across the face, more like lightly tapping.

-Rule Number 2 never use violence-

"WHAt the hec-" "No, not what the hack to me, what the heck to you ...my sister really you know how much trouble she'll be in if anyone finds out.." I grasp at my shirt neckline getting a feeling that it's too hot "They could kill you, and Bre and me and I'm not even apart of this" "Chill out" he says trying to cover my mouth and turning me around so my hands are behind me back. He tugs me around to the side of the building which is kinda like a dark alley and lets me go. I was about to scream "Don't scream he says putting his hand quickly over my mouth" "Are you going to scream" I slow nod my hair back and forth. Knowing if I scream nothing but bad will come from that. He nods back removing his hand from my mouth.

"Look, I've never told anyone this before but I love her Lynn and I'm doing everything in my power to keep this a secret. But it's not right, something's off about this society, I mean not getting to choose where you work, or who you marry or even the name of your own children. and we have never tried food in our lives. I'm telling you something's wrong and i'm going to fix it so i can be with with Bre."

I laugh. That's the only way i know how to respond so i keep laughing

"Is something wrong" he looks into my eyes for an answer

"Yes something's wrong. YOu are literally so stupid and don't know facts. First of all the government who my family and your family works for chooses who you marry so you don't have something wrong like a defect with your offspring.. they check your compatibility and that makes a less chance for divorce." I stop popping my knuckles "We dont get fed the food like they did decades ago because it caused waste, all we need is nutrition and vitamins and that is what we get, sso excuses me but i have to go and find my family!!" "wait" he says stopping be from going back to the front of the building from where he took he from. "Take this, we have a meeting and i promise I will explain everything there, but i cant right now and i have to tell you because Bre would never forgive me if i didn't save you or tell you so here-" and with that he shoved a piece of paper in my hand and left me there feeling three things.. shocked, stunned and very confused.

Saving I don't need saving I huff, I'm not some damsel in distress

Opening the little piece of paper it gave me an address and three additional words on the bottom:

WE'RE NOT SAFE