Chapter 3

Jamie and Annmarie met every morning in the park. Soon, they were like old friends. They talked for hours, and laughed just as long. Jamie told Annmarie all about Hazel, and they vowed to meet one day, somehow.

On Friday night, their last night together, the two couples dined together and spent the evening walking through the very same park where Jamie and Annmarie had met. "We're both going to miss you so much!" Annmarie said. Everyone nodded. "Don't forget to give us updates on your little one!" Jamie leaned down slightly and smiled at Annmarie's barely visible bump.

"Of course we will!" Annmarie decided. "It was so good to meet you." Jeffrey said. Annmarie turned to her husband and laughed. "Come on now, don't cry Jeffrey!" This caused everyone else to laugh. "Here let's pray before we split ways." Mark said. Everyone nodded and he continued.

"Dear God, thank you for introducing us all to each other. It was so wonderful learning about each other and seeing how You work in each of us. Please be with all of us as we travel back or travel more, and help us to one day be able to reunite together, if it is your will. Amen." His amen was echoed by the other three.

After a very teary good bye, the two couples split ways, promising to meet up again whenever they could. Jamie and Mark trudged up to their hotel room and collapsed on the bed, falling asleep easily. Morning came quickly, and Jamie and Mark rose with the sun, eager to catch the first ferry across to France.

"Come on Jamie! We don't want to be late!" Mark said to his wife, who was running around the room frantically. "Mark calm down, I just want to be sure I don't leave anything!" Jamie made one final check of the room before heading out.

Jamie and Mark hurried into the streets and down to the ferry. They made it just in the knick of time, and soon they were seate. "Mark!" Jamie smacked her forehead. Mark panicked. "What?! What did we forget?" He began to search through their bags for missing items. "We forgot to do our devotional bible reading this morning!" Mark sighed.

"It's okay Mark," Jamie said stroking his arm, "we can do it later tonight." Marks eyes lit up. "Or we could do it here!" Jamie searched his face, silently asking him why on earth he would read there on the ferry. "Life is made to be full of adventure." Mark winked and took out their bible.

Before he could open, a little boy and girl who looked to be about two approached Jamie and Mark. "Well hello there!" Jamie said. "What are your names?" The children blushed and giggled. "He's Samuel." the little girl said pointing to the little boy. "And she's Sarah." the little boy said in response. "We have bible names!" They both said in excited unison.

Jamie smiled. "Why yes, yes you do. We were actually about to read a bible story, would you like to sit and listen?" Both children nodded excitedly. "Go ask your mommy first!" Jamie instructed. Samuel and Sarah sped off and were back before Jamie could react.

When they returned, they sat eagerly at Mark's feet. "I have an idea! How about you act out the story as I read!" Mark proposed. The twins thought the proposal over carefully before wholeheartedly agreeing. "Do you know the story of David and Goliath?" Jamie asked, and the twins both nodded.

After a short quarrel over who would be David and who would Goliath, the story began and soon a small audience had gathered around. With the exception of a few people who quietly deemed the performance as "unnecessary and obnoxious", everyone else seemed to enjoy it. The sibling rivalry between Samuel and Sarah made the battle between David and Goliath all the better.

Finally, David [Sarah] shot Goliath [Samuel] with his slingshot [a rubber band and a wad of paper] and Goliath fell to the ground. Applause was given by all and the twins stood and bowed. Before everyone left the ferry, Jamie and Mark gave one final hug to Samuel and Sarah. "I hope to have kids just like them one day." Jamie smiled and said.