Chapter 3

Seto walked down the hallways of his new school. People looked at him before going back to whatever they were doing.

It seemed like being strange was normal here, he thought. He even saw a Bacca hybrid and Mudkip hybrid already. Who knew what was next?

Then he bumped into some guy.

"Watch where you're going, SAUCERER."

"Saucerer?" Seto knew how to keep his cool. He kept calm and asked. "Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I don't make pasta sauce. Do you have something in your ear?"

Seto saw the guy fume. He cracked his knuckles. "Too bad for you, b****. Hey guys, check this one out." He called to some people. Soon, Seto was surrounded by several guys.

They punched and kicked. Seto gasped as blood splattered on the floor. His blood. On the floor. The people around him watched in horror, not being able to help.

Seto saw Jason in the crowd.

"What now? Are you going to cry for mommy?" The person who was supposedly the leader taunted and planted a kick in his stomach.

That sentence brought back memories. Bitter memories. "Leave me alone." Seto gritted his teeth. He felt the metallic taste in his mouth. It wasn't pleasant.

The bullies laughed. "How about your daddy?"

"I said, leave me alone!" Seto yelled, tears bursting out.

* the memory flashback *

Seto was smaller. Him on his dad's shoulders.

"Don't drop him." His mother said beside them while laughing.

"Of course not." All of them laughed.

The scene changed. Seto and his dad sat on a bedside, his mom in a hospital.

The doctor beside was looking down sadly. Dad was gripping his mom's hand. Seto, being little, didn't understand anything.

The scene changed again. This time, Seto's father was walking the road, swaying.

Ever since Seto's mother had died, his father had been buried in debts. This night, he had been drunk.

A car crashed into the drunk person. All that was left was a broken body of a man.

* end of memory flashback *

Seto screamed in his head. Wisps of purple swirled wildly around him.

"W-what's happening?" The circle around him scattered, but the wisps brought them back.

"You...you deserve it..."Seto muttered low enough for them to hear. He made a grasping motion, willing the wisps to do the same.

"P-please...forgive us..." The bully choked out.

A part of Seto wanted to stop. But most of him wanted to continue. He wanted them to feel the pain.

He tried to put the urge to kill them down. But either that was growing stronger, or he was getting weaker. He slowly lost control of himself.

"Stop!" Somebody from the crowd jumped between Seto and the bullies. The person looked weird but familiar.

Was he supposed to go on the "to kill list" or in the "don't kill list"? Seto's head almost exploded from confusion.

"Stop it...my head...it hurts..." He moaned, clutching his head. He fell to his knees.

The figure crouched down. "Seto, I know this is not the real you. Please, wake up."

That voice...it was familiar too. And it only made the headache worse. His brain was searching for the memory of the person in front of him.

I can't stand it anymore. He willed the wisp to get the person out of his sight. The wisp obeyed, and threw the person a few feet back.

"I'm not gonna hurt you...see?" The person in front of suddenly hugged him. Surprised, Seto unclenched his hand. The wisps loosened their grip on the bullies throat.

Warmth spread through the sorcerer's body. "Remember me? I'm Jason..."

Everything clicked in his mind. The wisps disappeared, dropping the bullies to the floor.

"I-....I'm so sorry..." Seto cried in Jason's arms. "Its okay dood...everything's fine..." Jason rubbed Seto's back gently.

"C'mon, lets get going already. We're making a crowd." Jason said. He wrapped an arm around Seto's waist, supporting him.

"I'm fine." Seto insisted, but when Jason released his arm, he fell to the floor.

"On a second thought, I don't think I am..." He muttered. Jason chuckled slightly. He helped Seto stand. "Thanks for everything."

Jason smiled that smile. "Not a problem."

"Just leave it to me."