four

"Jada, I really don't feel like I should be here." She ran her hands through my hair with a confused look on her face. "I mean Manhattan is where I grew up and everything but, California has so many opportunities for my family and I."

"What about school? Money? Where are you going to live?" Her face formed into a frown. "Are you just going to leave me?" It honestly broke my heart to hear her say that.

Jada and I have honsetly become very close as friends, we have a relationship 'you can only come across once in a lifetime' as Jada would say. We're laying in her bed right now as we speak, I don't really see her as another girl, I see her as my sister. She is more than just some girl, she's my sister and my bestfriend. And it broke my heart to hear thoes words come out of her mouth.

I said silent, thinking about what she said. "All I have is a dollar and a dream." She nodded her head, she is my biggest supporter. "I'm not leaving you Jada, you can come too but I know you daddy would never let you." I teased. "And I promise when I'm famous, I'll fly you out and I'll put you in a big house."

"Pinkey promise?" She held out her pinkey, a smile krept onto my face. I wrapped my pinkey around hers and kissed it. We both relesed.

I could hear the front door creep open, that means Jada's father home. He doesn't really like me, he thinks I'm a bad influence on Jada but, her mother loves me. Jada was already fast asleep, I kissed her forehead and pulled my sweater over my head. I opened up her window and hopped out.

It was about 6pm, I walked into the house to see my mother and Billy finishing up the packing. I know I told Jada I wanted to move, I didn't tell her I was moving tomorrow. I felt hurt, I was born here and now were leaving. But atleast I can have a new start in California. June 23, 1988 is the day we moved.

*

*

California was beautiful, the drive was long and boring. Our new neighborhood was nice, I can't wait to see the women, I've heard they were beautiful beyond compare. My mother told me I'm going to be attending Tamalpais High School, I start tomorrow. I don't really plan on making any friends, It's almost the end of my senior year, why bother to make new friends?

I began to unpack out things from the truck until my mother stopped me.

"Pac, run down to the corner store down the street and get me the things." She handed me the list. "Don't get lost, go there and come right back." I nodded my head.

I began my walk to the corner store, It wasn't that far way. I tucked the list into my pocket so I wouldn't lose it. I examined my new neighborhood. Two stories houses with white people watering their yard and their whire pickett fence they always talk about wanting in their dumb stories. I was finally on the main street but, it wasn't busy like it was in New York. Every thing looked boring and simple. There was a corner store, movie theater, drug store, a shoe store and a place called 'Second Chance'.

I walked into the corner store, the bells rang as I entered.

I walked into the store, looking at the thinks on the list. Eggs, Milk, Orange Juice, Butter and Salsa. A list of random things my mother put together. As I was looking down at the list I bumped into someone, causing some boxes to fall.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I knealed down to pick up the boxes, I looked up to see a pair of beautiful brown eyes lookign down at me. "I'm Tupac." I got back up, putting the boxes on the shelf. "And you are?"

"April." She said flashing her beautiful smile. "I'm April." She whiped her hands on her apron and held out her hand, I shook it and smiled. She cleared her throat, I didn't realise I was still holding onto her hand.

"I'm sorry, again. Nice meeting you April, I hope I see you around." I walked away, gathering the things from the list. I paid for everything and carried my bags back to the house. I passed by the 'Second Chance' building. It was empty building because it was close, I read the sign from the outside.

Tutoring, Help, Extra Curricular Activities, After school Activities and Fun! All for free.

I might have to check that out later, I rushed home with the groceries. I walked into the house, my mother shook her head as I handed her the stuff.

"What took you so long?" She asked, putting the stuff into the fridge. I sat down at the table.

"I found this building where they find stuff for you to do, I'll check it out later." I began to walk to my room but quickly turned around remembering to call Jada. I picked up the phone and dialed her number, I wrapped the cord around my arm as it rang.

"Hello?" Jada answer, confused.

"Hey it's Mike." I said in a deep voice, she huffed. "Wait Jada, I'm kidding. It's me, Pac." I laughed, I remember when she told me about her ex.

"Lesane, I hate you so much right now. You told me you wanted to move, not that you were moving the nexy day!" She yelled through the phone."I can't stand you right now!"

"I'm sorry Jada--- "

"I mean you could've atleast woken me up and been like 'Hey Jada, I'm moving. Bye.' But noooooo, you just left. What kind of bestfriend does that." She cried out.

"You're dad came home and you know he doesn't like me, I just had to leave. I didn't know how to tell you I was leaving, I knew whatever way I told you It would break you heart." I frowned.

"It broke my heart when I walked over to my bestfriends house to pick him up for school and all I see is a 'For Sale' sign in the front of his house. I cried when I seen the sign, Lesane. You just left me, like you said you wouldn't do. Bye." She said and quickly hung up the phone.

a/n - i know i just skipped alot out of nowher but yea, sorry.