Champagne Cake《4》

~~~~

Change of Perceptive.

Y/n's Perspective.

~~~~

I managed to make it to my next class period, with only being late by two minutes. Thankfully, being a new student has its perks when it comes to being late. The class was moderate at best, with a few blabbermouth students, idiots, and more I didn't care enough to focus on. The teacher admitted to the class that he had a movie planned for the week, but as his projector wasn't working, we could just use this as a free period. Fine by me!

I reached into my bag for my headphones and iPad. I choose to listen to music while I drew in my sketchbook. As I did, a student behind me tapped my shoulder. I turn around, pulling back my headphones to hear him properly. It was a boy, who looked a bit older compared to the other students I have seen in my past classes. His pale skin shined under the light from the ceiling, with the light shining off his platinum blonder hair. His eyes were very pretty, a nice dream blue shade. He also had slight eye-bags, as Huey did.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked. "Do you have any gum on you? Or anything? I skipped the breakfast, and I'm fucking starving." He said. His voice was low, laced with drowsiness. Now I know this place also serves breakfast. "Sure, I have some candy and gum. Lollipops, candy canes, and stuff. I have cash on me too." You told, taking out three sticks of mint gum to give, with a blueberry lollipop. He perked up in surprise as I laced it on his desk.

"Wow, uh, thanks. Say, what's your name again?" He asked me. "I'm Y/n, I'm new here. And you?" I asked. "I'm Nathan. I came here two years ago. This place doesn't blow as much as the last place." He said, chewing on a piece of gum I gave him, whilst he put everything else in the pocket of his jacket. "Where did you go before here?" I asked, fully turning around in my seat, dropping my headphones at my neck. "Just some all-boys private school. Uniforms, rich kids, future doctors in Alcoholics Awareness meetings." He explained, waving his hand around as he spoke.

"Pfft- that does sound boring. I went to a crappy school in Chicago, the only cool part was the graffiti on the walls and the occasional fights there." I said, managing to make him snort. "Lucky. The closest thing to a fight here is arguing about how much their parents make. Regardless, they still pay to this fucking estate of place." He said, dragging the lead of his pencil on the wood of the desk. "Oh yeah, this place is huge. The principal gave me a tour but barely showed me the important stuff. It was just him talking about the school." I say.

I had to listen to that bum talk about the school's history more than I'm willing to hear about my own family history. "That reminds me, I don't even know where the cafeteria is!" I huffed. Nathan snickered and leaned further on his desk. "I can show you, right now." He said, a sly smile drawn on his face. "Really? Thanks! Wait- but how? There's no way he'll just let us out of the class." I said, now whispering to him.

"We can just, lie." He grins. A lie! Absolutely not! Not on your first day! "What!? We can't lie! What if we get in trouble? They'll give us a referral, and call our parents and-" Nathan pressed his finger to my lips. The silver ring on his finger shined brightly. He did have a lot of pretty sliver rings on. "You never got in trouble at school before, have you?" He asked, pulling his finger away. "Well...I did once, but! I was completely in the right, and it was not marked on my record." I told. I'll be dammed if they did put it on my record.

"Oh, a clean slate. Yeah, we're doing this. Look, all you have to do is go up to Mr. Davis, tell him you have to use the bathroom, and wait out in the hall, make sure to be away from the door window and class windows. I'll follow you out right after." He instructed. It was a simple plan, but it just didn't feel right. Ugh, I hate guilt! Could I even trust this guy? From the looks of it, he didn't seem like a good influence. The raging smell of cigarette smoke and cologne wasn't a "good person" signature.