Chapter 6: Three weeks later .

CHAPTER 6:Three weeks later.

        (May 31, 1950) Sunday.

It has been three weeks since Elaine got arrested, Lindsay and Elaine became so close they were now like two best friends who had known each other since childhood or maybe a lot of years. Today May 31st, 1950 Sunday evening was Lindsay's second interview with her former Colleague Dr. Alvin Kirkwood and his Lawyer Scott Johnson and the officers who were conducting it. Lindsay now had a lawyer, Elaine told Cole about everything that Lindsay was going through and that she needed a lawyer and so Cole got his Lawyer friend, Paul Davis, to present Lindsay.

Elaine was sitting in her cell waiting for one of the guards to call her and tell her that she had a visitor cause tomorrow, Monday the first of June 1950 3:20 was her court hearing and Cole had told her on his last visit that he will be coming to the prison to tell her what was what and everything else she needed to know too.   Fatigue has been killing Elaine she has been getting tired a lot these last days, she told Cole that she would have the baby but how would she maintain him/her? She was now three weeks pregnant, Cole insisted that she should keep the baby and he would maintain both Elane and the baby.

" Miss Moore " Miss Moore?" one of the guards ask coming down the corridor towards  Elaine's cell door as he reaches the door of her cell he fishes for the keys off of the huge key ring he found it in seconds, " you have got a visitor waiting for you in the visiting room," the guard said and help her up unto her feet and so he escorted her to the visiting room, she was shocked not only because it was the visitor she has been waiting for all day but he had another bag in his hands that came from the maternity store in the city next door the credit union bank, she took a deep breath in and exhale out and made her first step towards the table Cole was sitting at and in a short time she was standing at the table too she sat down.

"Good evening, Mr. Faulkner" she greeted Cole looking down at the blue plastic table, making patterns on it with her index finger, but she only did that when she was nervous and she also knew that  Cole was going to scowl her.

" Elaine, "Elaine, how many times do I have to remind you to please call me Cole, the only time when you won't be able to call me Cole is when I'm in court and on your interviews with the officers here," Cole told Elaine while he handed her the bag with the store logo on it. 

"Thank you so much, Cole," she said, beaming with excitement, it was written all over her face, she took a look in the bag and the bag was a white dress with flowers pattern on it and a pair of white slippers with elastic straps around the heel back for support and also a jar of hair oil, shampoo, body lotion and body spray  Elaine looked up from the bag and shook her head while silent tears of joy and happiness stream down her face, " thank you very much you're such a thoughtful person, I wish you were my husband Cole, she said while holding Cole's hand that was on the table.

" Maybe that wish will come true someday Elaine" Cole told Elaine with a sweet smile. 

" So now Elaine tomorrow is your  court  hearing right-wear I just give you in the bag tomorrow and listen carefully Elaine these are some of the things you cannot  do in the courtroom 

You cannot object if you hear Stanley telling a lie like for example, Elaine was willing to kill my brother Victor or some other lie,  just keep calm cause you're not allowed to interrupt, OK or else the judge will remove from the court and if you make noise or if you become argumentative he can charge you, and do as the judge say ok... I know you will be scared, but I will be there too, OK.

" Miss. Moore your time is up to your visitor now, "  the guard told Elaine so she got up, she and Cole just shook hands cause they didn't want the guards getting suspicious and  Cole left, the guard took Elaine back to her cell, but before he locks back the cell door with the key he took the store bag from her and search it to make sure nothing like drugs was not in there, then after he gave her back and lock the cell door and she sat down on her uncomfortable bed smiling at the things she got from Cole. She was smiling like an idiot, but in her head and mind, she was screaming. Because to be accepted by a white man who was willing to be a father to a dead man's child and was willing to do anything for her was a once in a lifetime ticket in the 1950s so she made sure she held on to it,  Elaine was taken so far back that she did not notice Lindsay.

When she looked up from her bed she saw that Lindsay was back from her interview and she had been watched by Lindsay all that time smiling like an idiot she felt embarrassed.

-She told Elaine how her interview went and told her everything else also and even the month and date of her court hearing it would be her first court hearing and it was on July 19th at 3:30,  and Elaine told her about her day and showed her the things she got from Cole too.

Dear journal  

Today,  Mr. Cole Faulkner my lawyer came by to tell me what was what and what not to do or say in the court of law, and he gave me a bag with a maternity dress, body spray, body lotion, and a pair of footwear too, it was thoughtful and kind of him so I jokingly said to him that I wish he was my husband and his reply was  "your wish might come true someday" but I don't know what he meant when he said that I was confused but I didn't ask him what he meant though and also tomorrow June 1st will be my court hearing.  But maybe, just maybe, I might ask what he meant by that tomorrow after my hearing... oh, and it has been three weeks since my arrest now too and today is now May 31st, 1950.

Later journal...Elaine...

VOTES!

COMMENTS!

FOLLOWS!

SHARE!