Season I, Episode II

Song: Women by Kesha

Ralph threw me a smirk from across the room as Jennifer smacked into my ear. I winked back at him before turning my attention back to the conversation.

"There's no way they're gonna recruit her," Kylie argued, ringing her hands around her glass of wine.

"Recruit who?" I asked, grabbing a glass from the waiter passing by. I took a large tug, the champagne bubbling on the tips of the tongue.

"Fresh blood," Hunter grunted, laughter dancing behind her eyes as she slipped her fingers through Angelica's

"Only the most beautiful one of us yet," Jennifer replied, "we have to recruit her."

"I don't know if she's the most beautiful, but.." Hunter glanced at Angelica's pout and shrugged. "She's young."

"Aren't we all?" Kylie swirled, a loopy smile planted on her face. "That's why we're here of course."

"Well, you guys are young, but lesbians like their meat old, easy and well-done. Just like me," Hunter smirked, glancing down at Angelica when she didn't receive a nudge in the ribs. "What's up boo?"

"Nothing, nothing," Angelica snapped out of her trance, eyeing me nervously.

I took another sip of the bubbly, "So tell me about this girl?" I looked at Jennifer, expecting her to jump right into the explanation, but her eyes flashed behind me for a second and then dropped instantly. I spun around in curiosity to find myself nose to nose with a police badge.

"Ms. Kristen?" Detective Hailey asked.

"It's Nora, but you already know that," I smiled at her. The black dress she was wearing highlighted her dark skin as she dropped the police badge with a smirk.

"Did I sense fear when I came in?" She asked, eyebrow raised and hand on hip.

"Only fear that we might all have a stroke at your beauty," I replied, turning to the girls behind me, "This is Detective Hailey," I smiled, "I invited her to come to the party with me." I turned back to her, "Would you like a drink?" I asked, raising my almost empty glass.

"Yes, that'd be lovely," she nodded.

I sashayed toward the bar and snuck in next to Ralph. "Hey babe," I smiled, pecking his cheek.

"Hey," the stench of vodka brushed against my lips as he kissed me. I pushed his hand away from my waist in disgust.

"Slow down, will ya?" I shook my head, turning to the bartender.

"It's a party," he spat at me and rolled his eyes before skimpily stumbling away and sliding onto the floor.

"What would you like?" The bartender grinned at me, her hazel eyes reflecting the disco lights.

"Two Absolutes please, on the rocks," I winked at her. She turned to get our drinks, her black vest riding up and exposing the butterfly tattoo she spotted on the small of her back. I glanced in the mirror behind her, taking in the crowd of raging men, high-pitched women and the occasional waiter sneaking through the mass, selling the life of the party. The aroma of liquor clouded the air, cigarette smoke accumulated along the ceiling. "Thanks." I took the drinks from her, careful not to spill any as I made my way to the VIP section.

"So, Detective Hailey, right?" I slipped into the booth next to her, handing her the drink.

"Yup", she nodded, taking a sip of the drink.

"Oh come on, what's your first name? Detective is too formal for a party and besides, no one wants cops at a club, do they?"

"Ms. Kris-"