Stilettos Can Kill

Vote, comment, fan?

_______________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

     Plop! Plop! The rain bounced off my bare arms. I slipped on my jacket or what was left of it and crossed my arms tightly over my chest. The rain trickled down my jacket, leaving uneven water streaks. My pulse started to slow as the adrenaline was emptied out of my cold, stiff body.

     My legs begged me for rest, so I found a "cozy" little nook between a dumpster and the alley wall. I slided down the alley wall, plopping down in an unseen puddle. I willed myself to move, but my legs were drained of energy and resisted. I gave in to the cold water and let it sap my remaining body heat away.

     A shiver crawled up my spine, leaving me with goose bumps all over my body. I pulled my legs tight against my chest, hoping to stay warm. My teeth chattered and my body shook, both from fear and the cold.

     The rain continued throughout the night as I drifted in and out of sleep. The rain made sure that I was soaked to the bone. At least I won't be dirty when I don't come home, I thought. Home, what I would give to not live the-

     Boom! A crack of thunder interrupted my thoughts. A streak of lightning illuminated the entire sky and I caught a glimpse of two men walking through the alley. I sank deeper into my hideaway, ignoring the rotting stench of garbage.

     " Hello darling. Thought you could run away from home?" His lips parted into a yellow smile. He stared at nothing, hoping I would come out.

     " It's okay, we won't hurt you." The second one said. He licked his lips hungrily, like a lion looking for prey.

     Oh God, if I have ever done anything good in my life, help me now. I watched the two savage men get closer and closer to my hideout. Please go away, my mind pleaded. Please. Go. Away. I felt a warm tears glide down my face. I watched my breath go in and out, trying to calm myself. It appeared and disappeared, like I wish I could do tonight.

     I slid my hand along the ground, feeling a path to hide me from these monsters, when I felt a stabbing pain in my left hand. I let out a small, involuntary shriek and blindly pulled the object out. I felt the warm blood trickle down my hand as I silently cried.

     " I found you." His voice was taunting. No, they couldn't have found me. No, they can't ev-

     " I got you." All the feeling left my body. I was frozen there as his fingernails dug into my into my skin and yanked me out from my hiding place. My feet left the ground as he held me face to face with him. I turned my head sideways, avoiding his rank breath in my face.

     " Hello there! We are bringing you back home." My body started to tremble. I can't go home, no! I kicked and thrashed, but all I managed to do was get a blow to the side of the head. My vision blurred along with all my thoughts. He threw my disoriented body over his shoulder.

    The two walked out of the alley casual, headed God knows where. I was tossed into what felt like a seat. My head thudded hard against something in the seat. I saw the blackness creeping into my eye sight. I tried to run, but my body was limp. The blackness seeped into my eyes as well as my lungs. I was trapped in a pit of blackness, trapped in my own mind. I struggled to breakout of the darkness, but it enclosed around me. I finally accepted the darkness, knowing I couldn't fight any longer. As my consciousness slipped away an inhuman voice came from the back of my mind "Fate is cruel and twisted and you are yet another pawn in its little game called life." And somehow that voice summed up my entire life.