Chapter 26 - Strategy

Raphael

After we finished with our business at New Dawn, we all returned home...not wanting to risk leaving the pack without its Alpha's and Beta considering the imminent threat on our packs doorstep.

I have to admit that it was a great experience with my first official alliance discussion as an Alpha, as well as an enjoyable break for me and Scarlett as mates...even if it was just a short time away from home. It was still time she and I weren't neck deep in paper work and battle plans, which is what she immediately jumped back into once we came home...for the past week and a half she's spent most of her waking hours in the office...with me in there trying to convince her to come out for a little while.

My mate is quite the workaholic...which makes talking her into taking breaks a challenge...

Which has become part of our fun...

As a matter of fact, I have something specific in mind for this morning that just might keep her out with me for the rest of the morning.

"What exactly do you have in mind Bello?" She asks as she joins me in the training room, which is exactly what I'm going to use to keep her occupied. She trains in here almost every morning, I just decided to make it far more interesting...

"I have a proposition for you Rosa, we have a sparring session together...the first one to pin the other completely wins." I explain, and she raises an eyebrow at me questioningly.

"Sounds intriguing...what exactly does the winner get as a prize?" She asks, and I try not to let the sight of her in a sports bra and spandex shorts that hug her beautiful body distract me from my thoughts...though considering the fact she isn't hiding her ogling of my bare chest and low slung shorts...it's getting damn difficult...

"The winner gets to decide how both of us spends the rest of our morning...together. Sound like a deal?"

"You're on big boy..." She purrs, and we both go into our fighting stance.

We spend at least ten minutes blocking each other's blows and dancing around each other, both of us working up a sweat as we pant a little. She can move faster than I can, but I can use my endurance to withstand her attacks...and study her movements. Finally, after I figure out her pattern, I go low and knock her to the mat...carefully but securely pinning her on her stomach, straddling her hips while holding her arms behind her back.

"It seems I've won Rosa..." I purr in her ear, and she turns her head to show me the devious smirk on her face.

"That's what you think Bello..." She murmurs, and to my shock...one second I'm pinning her, and the next she's pinning me on my back, holding my arms down to the floor as she straddles me.

Damn...she looks so sexy like this...

"You know baby...if you wanted to play with me...all you had to do...was ask." She purrs seductively before running her tongue over the shell of my ear, and I shiver at the sensation.

"You must have been feeling so neglected...let me make up for that..." She continues as she trails her lips agonizingly slow down my neck...her sinful mouth and tongue teasing my skin. I arch my back instinctively with a low groan as she lingers heavily on the mark she gave me, but she maintains a firm grip on my wrists...keeping them at my sides.