Prologue

I wished to never have to do anything like this in my entire life, I never thought that this could happen to me.

Reader of my long and grim story, I would like to warn you that this isn't some kind of fairytale. This is a story that is bad from the very beginning. It is riddled with pain, loss, and heartbreak. This tale of woe is not something that I want to write down, reliving this past means reliving the suffering and pain that I caused. But someone has to know what happens, if there is anyone is left to read this at all.

My story was doomed from the start. There was no happy beginning, no happy middle, and for most of the people involved, there will be no happy ending.

The events that I will relay do not paint me in a very good light, but it is rightfully so. I am no hero, not in my own story, and certainly not in anyone else's, I wouldn't even consider myself a good person. I have done questionable things on my painful, arduous journey, but I promise to not omit anything, what good would it do? I know that you will judge me, condemn me, and I welcome it, relish it. You're not reading this to root for me, you're reading it to find out what happened. And I'm here to tell you, nothing more, nothing less. No reader, I am not a hero, all I am is a man. I am tired, I am sad, I am broken.

I am

Luke