Chapter Eleven

The small group reached the shelter of a cave just prior to daylight. Although Edward had been wary of the two new vampires, taking care to keep a watchful eye on his mate, Ben and Angela had proved helpful and trustworthy guides through the strange territory.

The forest they found themselves in had been home to Ben and his mate for over half a century and was supposedly safe. Edward informed Ben of their human containment and the details surrounding their resent escape.

As they escorted Edward and Bella through the thick forest floor they were absolutely fascinated with Edward's choice of diet, as they, like most of their species, fed exclusively off the blood of humans.

"Animals? And that really sustains you? I've never heard of such a practice," Ben asked disbelievingly.

Edward nodded and kept pace as they ran swiftly through the trees. "It has worked for my coven for many years. My father is over two hundred years old and has yet to taste a drop of human blood. He finds it barbaric."

Ben looked at his mate hopefully. "If what you claim is true, that could mean wonders for me and my Angela. Our forest is quite far from the nearest large population of humans but it is becoming more and more dangerous to take my mate near the city to feed. We have heard of many vampires being captured by the humans. You are not the first rumored to have been taken but you are certainly the only one to have escaped."

"They ambushed my brother and I," Bella added, "We were stargazing on a large bolder when they appeared. I screamed for my little brother to run but I never knew if he had gotten away," she shuddered, remembering that fearful night.

Angela shivered, whimpering slightly with fright. Ben pulled her close against his side and whispered promises for her safety.

"Bella and I intend to make our way to my coven in Washington as soon as it's safe to travel," Edward said firmly.

Bella stared at Edward with sorrow filled eyes. "But Edward, my family is in Arizona! I need to find them. They need to know I'm ok," she begged desperately. Edward's heart ached at the sadness clear in her voice. He wished he could give her everything her heart desired but this wasn't something he was willing to compromise on.

"I'm sorry, my love. My coven is nine members strong and we will be safer with them. I'm not willing to bargain with your safety, my Bella."

Bella looked ready to protest but Ben's voice cut her off. "Your coven has nine members?! That's unheard of..." He exclaimed.

"My father, Carlisle, believes it is easier for us to co-exist in such large numbers because of our diet. Also we hold a large amount of land. He also believes that we must stay together in order to protect such massive territory," Edward told him. "We will be ten in number when I return with my mate."

"Incredible," Ben and Angela breathed.

"You are more than welcome to stay with us until you move on. We will be safer with two males," Angela invited happily.

Edward looked over at Bella who was still pouting dejectedly. He ran the back of his finger lovingly across her cheek and she melted into his touch with a light purr. He'd go to the ends of the earth to keep her safe. He knew that Ben would be an ally worth having and that his mate would be good for Bella, she need some female companionship since she clearly missed her mother.

"That is a truly generous offer, Angela. Bella and I would appreciate your hospitality until I have determined the safest way back home."

The couple's cave was small but definitely still large enough to sleep a few extra vampires comfortably. Edward was satisfied with its capability of keeping Bella out the elements while she rested.

Angela skipped joyfully to Bella's side and took her hand in her own. Edward fought the urge to pull his mate away from the other tiny female.

"Come on Bella! We need to gather bedding for your nest before it gets too light out."

Bella beamed happily at Angela and looked to Edward for permission to collect foliage for their bed. Edward sighed uneasily but nodded. He went to follow the females but Ben stopped him.

"They'll be safe. We are the only vampires for miles and I smelt no humans on our journey through the forest earlier. Angela knows not to go far."

Edward nodded apprehensively.

"I was hoping you might show me how this animal hunting is done," Ben hinted. "We have an hour or so before sunrise."

Edward wanted to turn him down, it tore him to be away from Bella but Ben had done him a great favor by inviting them in and he owed it to him to show him his safer hunting practices.

"Of course. Let's go."

The males passed the girls who where giggling playfully, pulling leaves from a nearby tree. Edward grinned widely at the sound of Bella's carefree laughter. She was unfathomably beautiful when she smiled.

"My love, I'm taking Ben into the forest to hunt. We won't go far. You need to yell for me if you need anything and I will be back by your side the moment I hear your call," he told her anxiously, pulling her into his arms and pressing soft kisses against the newly made mark on her neck.

Bella moaned quietly when she felt his tongue swipe smoothly across her flesh. She felt a familiar building of desire in the pit of her stomach. Edward responded to her little noises with a low growl and a light, sensual nip to her throat.

A high-pitched giggle reminded the couple that they were being watched and Bella quickly pulled away, looking particularly embarrassed. She laughed at Edward's satisfied grin and watched the two males run off into the distance.

"You two must be newly mated," Angela laughed.

Bella sighed, "Is it that obvious?"

"Oh yes. The way he looks at you... it's very sweet Bella. Don't shy away from his affection. He simply adores you."

Bella smiled fondly and jumped high into a nearby tree the collect its fresh leaves and beautiful white blossoms.

"Have you been with Ben long?" she asked as she efficiently shredded leaves off a branch, allowing them to fall to the grounded toward Angela.

"Over fifty years," she said with thinly veiled pride. Bella watched her as she gathered her leaves and collected them in a large woven basket.

"That's a very long time. I've only been alive for twenty six of those years," she mused. "Do you have offspring?"

Angela giggled. "I have three sons. My youngest left home in search of a mate just two years ago. I miss them," she smiled sadly. "Have you given Edward children yet?"

"We're hoping I conceived last night," she admitted sheepishly. "Edward and I waited till we were out of that human infested place before be fully mated."

Angela gasped with wide eyes. "You mean he put off mating?" she asked incredulously.

"Well, yeah. We spent a long time in that lab," Bella said, confused.

Angela looked shocked. "It must be the animal blood... I've never heard of a male waiting that long to mate with their female. Ben took me the very first day he chose me."

Bella frowned. "He must have thought I wasn't ready," she said simply.

Angela laughed. "It doesn't really matter when you're ready, sweetheart. Your mate will claim you when he wants you."

"Edward didn't want our first time in a cage," she shrugged, quoting his words.

"He must really care for you then. Ben demanded I give him his first child immediately," she said lightheartedly, clearly not bothered by it at all.

Bella nodded thoughtfully. She was so distracted she didn't realize she had nearly stripped the entire tree until she ran out of leaves. She looked down and giggled loudly when she noticed her new friend completely covered in the bright green foliage.

"I think we may have enough now, Bella," Angela teased.

The two joyful females walked lazily back to their dark cave and started preparing the extra bed when they found that their mates were still gone.

Bella told Angela all about Edward and the time they spent in captivity and Angela gushed lovingly about her sons. The pride and adoration in her voice made Bella ache with material longing. Now that they had escaped the humans, Bella desperately wanted her own little one.

Edward's baby.

He'd be so proud of her when she gave birth to his first offspring.

"Does it take long to conceive? Do you think I have already?" she wondered aloud, examining her flat stomach.

Angela patted her back soothingly. "It's possible but it normally takes some time. If you've only started mating last night, you may have to try for a while longer before you're with child."

Bella looked slightly disappointed but nodded in understanding. "I'm so clueless, my mother never talked about children. The only experience I've ever had with pregnancy and child birth was when my brother came along. Although my father did have me wait outside the den when he was born," she giggled.

"You're parents must be very protective of you," Angela concluded, dumping the leaves into the new hole they created.

Bella shrugged, "Yeah, my dad had us move to an area where there was hardly any other vampires. I've never even had a friend, until now."

Angela beamed at the young vampire, pulling her new friend into a tight hug.

She smiled sweetly when Edward and Ben returned. Bella squeaked in surprise when Edward rushed to her side and pulled her tightly into his arms. He nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck and purred in delight when she kissed his cheek.

"I missed you far too much. I'm never leaving you again," he declared with conviction.

Bella laughed and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. "You were gone less than an hour."

"I know. I don't know what I was thinking," he grinned. She rolled her eyes and tried to wiggle free from his grasp but he held her tightly and dropped to her down on the freshly made bed.

Angela and Ben wished them a good day before settling in on their nest on the opposite side of the cave.

Edward wasted no time before pressing his body firmly against his mate's. He attacked her chest with his lips and sucked greedily on the sweet flesh above her breast.

He needs her. He burned for her. And judging from her inviting moans of pleasure, the feeling was mutual.

He roughly tugged down the neck of her dress and exposed a beautifully taut, pink nipple just begging for his attention. She groaned when he took it carefully between his teeth.

"Uh, Edward!"

He smirked and positioned himself between her open thighs to press his massive erection against her eager core. He could smell her arousal thick in the air around them and it drove him wild with need.

"Do you like that, my love?" he cooed.

"Oh yes!"

"I can smell you my darling. You're aching for me."

She nodded distractedly and lifted her hips up to meet his covered length. He growled with wanton lust.

"Tell me what you want, my angel," he murmured.

"Eh, hey guys. I know you've been running with humans for a while now but we've got the same perfect hearing as you and I just thought I'd remind you that we can hear everything," Ben's voice warned suddenly. Angela tried to suppress a giggle.

Edward snarled in frustration at the couple when Bella jumped and bury her face in his chest. He knew his discomfort would not ease without burying himself deep inside his mate but Bella would be too uncomfortable to perform in front of other vampires.

"Sorry baby," she whispered.

Bella pecked the tip of his nose apologetically and turned her back to him to let sleep claim her. Feeling sufficiently rejected, he covered her little body with his protectively and allowed himself to rest knowing his precious mate was curled safely beneath him.

Bella woke to the feel of two large hands gently shaking her. She thought she may have over slept and Edward was politely rousing her from a deep sleep but when she forced open her eyes she saw only the light still outside the den.

Edward was staring at her intently and she briefly panicked.

"Edward! Is everything alright? Are you hurt? Why are you up so early?"

Her questioning was cut off abruptly when she suddenly found Edward's lips moving hungrily against her own. His kissing was filled with so much love and passion that her shock at his spontaneity was quickly replaced by burning desire.

When he slipped his attention down to her heaving chest she moaned for him.

"Edward, what-"

"Shhh... my love. I need you. Please," he begged.

"I know Edward, but we can't. We aren't alone..."

Before she could protest he scooped her swiftly into his arms and ran her deep into the dense forest.

"Edward! Where are we going?!" She squealed into his chest. She hadn't even said goodbye to her new friend!

"I want you. Now. And if we have to be alone for me to take what's mine then we're going to find a place to be alone, my Bella," he growled huskily.

Bella shivered at the intense desire evident in her mate's velvet voice and coal black eyes.

She didn't look at her surroundings until he came to an abrupt stop. When she peeked around Edward's strong arms she saw the most beautiful meadow she'd ever lay eyes on. It was perfectly rounded, enclosed by breathtaking trees and covered in thick green grass and stunning purple flowers.

She wanted to gaze at its perfection for days but Edward had a very different type of beauty in mind. He only had eyes for Bella and as he lowered her down in the long, plush grass the only thing he wanted to see was the look in his mate's eyes as she writhed underneath him.

"I can't wait any longer, my little love. You're far too tempting for your own good, so beautiful. I spent the entire day with my hard, thick cock pressed against your perfect little ass and I can't wait to burry myself inside you a moment longer," he explained, pressing his extremely stiff dick against her center for emphasis.

She was still a little sore from their last coupling but she remembered what Angela had told her about her mate taking what he wants, when he wants it and decided to ignore the slight sting. She wanted to be the perfect mate for him, wanted to make him happy. And truthfully she needed him just as badly as her needed her.

Bella nodded her permission and Edward purred in delight. He pushed his hand between them and pulled up the hem of Bella's pretty dress. She mewed like a kitten when he slipped his fingers between her thighs and gently felt the wetness that had already pooled there.

"You're so wet for me, my darling. So ready to accept you're mate's dick in your sweet little hole," he whispered tenderly, sliding two long fingers inside her with ease.

She cried out in frustration as he expertly teased her damp clit. "Please, Edward. I'm so ready for you. Please take me."

He smirked wickedly, he liked begging. He could pleasure her for hours and never tire of seeing her breathtaking face respond to his actions. The way her perfected white teeth clamp down on her plump bottom lip. The way her gold eyes swam with adoration and desire.

It was all he lived for.

Unfortunately he feared he may suffer permanent damage if he didn't find his own release soon so he mounted his mate without further delay. Bella help him unzip his tight pants and freed his pulsing length. He hissed at the feel of her warm hand on him and nearly cried impossible tears when she guided his tip to her soaking entrance.

The snarl that erupted from deep in his throat was 100% animalist desire. She groaned happily beneath him as he penetrated her with firm, hard thrusts, and a continuous purr of contentment at being joined with her mate.

He shut his eyes tightly and buried his face in her long soft hair to fight against the overwhelming urge to empty himself into her too quickly.

Edward pulled the sleeves of her dress down to expose her neglected breasts to him. She screamed his name as he suckled her rosy nipples. It was his favorite sound in the world and he resolved to hear it every day for the rest of his existence.

"Yes! You love that don't you, my Bella? You can feel me deep inside of you and you live for it," he crooned.

"Oh Edward! I love you! I love you! Please don't stop."

"I'll never stop, Bella. You belong to me. You're mine."

He pounded into her at a punishing pace and felt her walls convulse around him. He groaned as his cock worked in and out of her impossibly tight heat.

"That's right. So good, my love. Milk my cock, my darling. I need you Bella. I need you like fucking blood," he cried out as he pulsed inside of her with blinding pleasure. She took everything he had to give as he released his seed into her beautiful body.

He fell into the grass beside her as they both panting for breath. Edward pulled her close to his side and ran his fingers through her hair when she rested her head against his solid chest. She whimpered lightly.

"I love you, Bella. Your body was made for me and only me. You are my perfect fit," he whispered.

"Just you," she agreed.

He pushed his hand against her smooth stomach and purred happily at the possibilities it held. "I'm going to make you round with my child, my darling. Then everyone will know that you belong to me," he said smugly. "But until I'm am certain you are carrying a part of me inside of you I will take you as many times as I see fit. Do you understand, love?"

Bella gulped nervously but nodded.

Edward looked up and saw the sun was beginning to set and the sky growing into twilight.

"We should get back. They'll wonder where we are soon and I'd prefer if we didn't worry them," Edward stated and reached down lazily to cover his sated erection before turning to tend to his mate.

The sight of her spread out for him, almost completely bare and surrounded by wild flowers was enough to make him harden again. He knew he didn't have time to take her once more but he couldn't stop himself from lowering his mouth to the apex of her thighs and lapping at the juices seeping from her inviting pink slit.

"Ed-Edward!?"

Her eyes grew impossibly large as she watched his copper locks bob purposefully against her core. She tried to resist the immense pleasure his talented tongue brought her because she was sure his actions were scandalous.

He smiled widely when he glanced up at his mate's face, a humorous combination of desire and humiliation displayed across her adorable features.

He hummed cheerfully. "Your taste would rival the sweetest human blood, dear Bella. I can taste myself on your sex, my love. I don't believe anything has ever been so incredibly arousing."

Bella burned with lust at her mate's words and was nearly murderously angry when he reinstated her dress to its proper place instead of continuing his exploration of her body. She huffed defiantly.

Edward chuckled and scooped her into his arms to carry her back to the den. "No pouting, sweetheart. Now you know how I felt last night. To be all worked up with no release. It serves you right, my little tease," he joked.

"But don't worry, sweet Bella, I fully intend on satisfying all of your desires. Very soon," he vowed.