Chapter Twelve

I looked up as Zayn sat down next to me. I wasn’t really in the mood to speak to anyone, but I couldn’t really stop him.

“He’s an idiot.” Zayn stated simply.

If it was who I was thinking of then I already knew that, in fact it was the only thing on my mind.

“Who?” I asked confusedly.

“Don’t be stupid Liam, you know who I mean.” Zayn said, rolling his eyes.

I probably had a good idea of who Zayn was talking about but that didn’t mean I was going to say it. If I did it’d just confirm the fact that I was upset about him and not something stupid (well really it was stupid) or pointless. He wasn’t pointless to me, and that only frustrated me even further.

The fact that Zayn even knew what was going on was even more worrying. The point was that nobody was supposed to know what a mess I was in because if nobody knew I could get over the crazy attraction and move on without it ever being mentioned again.

“Just tell me who you’re talking about, Zayn.” I insisted.

“Weeeell, let’s play twenty questions to figure it out.” he said, smirking.

God, why did he have to be so difficult all the time?

“That’s just ridiculous.” I said, shaking my head.

I wasn’t going to play twenty questions figure out a name I already knew. Zayn said the silliest things sometimes.

“Well so is your pretending.” Zayn retorted.

He was right, my pretending was ridiculous, but it was for an extremely good reason. I huffed and gave in, deciding to humour him.

“Is the person male?” I asked.

I decided to go for very simple, basic questions because I really didn’t want to be in a situation where his name was blindingly obvious.

“Yes, but you already know that and you don’t seem to care.” he said as he grinned.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, glaring at him.

“Nothing, nothing, just stating the fact that attraction to the same gender doesn’t affect you.” Zayn insisted.

The truth was that it did affect me, so much. But even then I wasn’t going to say that because that would have been admitting the simple fact that I had feelings for Niall. I couldn’t even tell myself that, let alone Zayn.

“Whatever. So, is he good looking?” I asked.

Zayn raised his eyebrows and smirked.

“No he’s completely and utterly ugly. My eyes burn every time I look at him, I really have no idea what you see in him. Seriously, he makes me want to stab something because even taking a glance at that horrific face of his hurts.” he said dryly.

I bit my lip, resisting the urge to snap and tell Zayn that Niall was far from ugly, that he was absolutely perfect to me. I wasn’t quite strong enough to resist that urge though.

“You liar, I’m straight and even I can tell he’s not ugly.”

Zayn scoffed.

“I hate to break it to you Liam but you’re far from straight, and besides if you think he’s so,” Zayn paused, “Hot and beautiful and omg those eyes they’re like piercing eyes of perfection oh god someone hold me I’m swooning I can’t even because this boy is so good looking, he’s like a sex god or something I just ugh.