Long story

All Rights Reserved. YOU NEED TO READ THE AUTHORS NOTE BECAUSE IT IS LIFE CHANGING. 

Even after ten years I can not fully wrap my brain around what happened the day I became pregnant. You see all this time I thought that Nick had forgotten me, that my best friend had left me in my time of need and that my children were Matt's. Yet when the boys were born I knew that wasn't the case. Yes they resembled Matt but they didn't look like him, they looked like someone else. They looked like, well they looked like Nick. The story is still fuzzy to me and there's a lot of details missing but basically Nick was the donor and not Matt. I had Nick's children. My children were his children. Our kids. His, mine, ours. It took a while and for a long time I hated Nick for what he did because well he could've prevented the whole thing or at least told me that I was having his babies and not his brothers but in the end the boys need for a Dad made me rethink my decision.

So a few years back when I got Nick's letter I called him and we got together, he met the boys and we begin a distant relationship only to benefit the kids. Matt's death could've ended in war but it didn't instead it ended in the use of love positions or more specifically potions that could change one's mate. When Matt died I realized that he wasn't my mate, in fact I realized that he was also not even Marie's mate because she too had been given the drink. It was a huge mess, the council was just about ready to take over all the packs in the area, during this I was up in the mountain bearing my pride and joy, the twins. I didn't find out about the entire mess until I let Nick back into my life and after so many years I honestly didn't care, there was no longer a pack, at least not for me and my children. So I became a recluse, growing my own vegetables and hunting for meat when I needed it and when the boys got old enough we made it into a game, see who could catch the biggest deer or fish. We have a house phone that I only ever use to get in contact with my father and we lived a simple life, like humans but not really because often the boys and I would shift and roam, running and chasing. Human but not really living a simple existence.

Of course we are different and there was still the matter of mate's, specifically mine, but they boys then didn't need to know about such things. Now of course being almost fifteen I had to tell them, but I told them that love is a choice and it doesn't matter if they feel an inexplicable pull towards some person because that's not love, it's a pull, it's almost like an obsession. Love I told them is patient, kind and never hurtful it's bittersweet, terrifying and wonderful. It's about loving someone for all the good qualities and for the bad, it's not about settling for a mate or for good enough, or nice enough it's about loving every minute because you're in good company. They know that love is not instant for takes consistent work and care, they will look for love and not for a mate and if they happen to find both in the same person than i'll wish them the best, when they're much older of course. Like I said what happens with the packs, what happens down there in that world I used to live in doesn't affect me up here in the mountains, at least not now but I know someday i'll have to care about the rest of the world again, about what happens to my pack, global warming and anything else. But for now I am enjoying my kids and my husband in name only. I fell in love and maybe I was in love the whole time and didn't realize it. I am in love and no he is not a werewolf nor is he Nick, the father of my children and mate. His name is James and he is a wonderful man and father, he was hiking and got lost, actually really lost and ended up right at my doorstep and the rest as they say is history. Of course nothing in my life has ever been that simple, he flipped shit when he ended up with front row seats to me and the boys shifting. He didn't run far though he tried and I might have kept him somewhat captive until I was sure that he would not run off and tell the world about the existence of werewolf's. It was a hard two years, we were constantly fighting and trying to be civil yet him and the kids got along magnificently and then one day I just let him go because I was tired of fighting him. The moment he left the kids and I were packing, I had no idea where we would go or how we'd get there or what I do to make a living but I knew that we had to leave. He came back a little while later and I was prepared for war, prepared for cameras and police and maybe the military the moment I saw him but instead he told me that he would build a wired fence stretching for a few miles and that he would buy the property and live there with us. There was a protest on my part but the boys being only five at the time but still way to smart told me to "get over it mom because he could've exposed us and he didn't so let him be".

It was the beginning of something beautiful and it's only grown stronger as the years have gone by. Nick  well he wasn't happy about someone else raising his kids or the fact that I refused to even think about leaving James for him, my mate but in the end after James being a spectacular charmer he was able to win him over. Nick live' with the pack he couldn't have left if he wanted to since he was after Matt's death the rightful heir and next Alpha though he wasn't born one. He visit's the boys often and they have grown into wonderful men who get to learn form two very different fathers. One day if the boys wish to they have a rightful place in my old pack, who would be the Alpha I don't know and honestly I wish they never find out they are both wonderful and just as equally dominating. Knowing that one is better than the other would harm the relationship they have with each other and possibly with me and James. However if  they wish to go there won't be much I can do I just hope the day doens't come soon.

My story is not over, there is much more for me to do and many more years for me to live and I still have a few more years with the boys, Emmett and Eloi my pride and joy. I do however have to move on and live and with this story I can finally say that I did, I closed one chapter and started another.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

Authors note: Look it's not life changing, get over it Nick's. 

Guys I Know this is a very cookie cutter ending but I just had to end it. The story needs some serious, major revision because omg it is so cliche and some of the chapters are so cringe worthy I kinda started hating the story. But not because of the characters but mostly because I thought I was good when I started writing this and I thought I was being unique and now that i'm older and wiser well it's time to step it up a million notches. So expect for this story to get rewritten, have chapters added hopefully with better writing. Yes it's over. No more pesky waiting, yeah I know i was terrible about the updates. I will start a new story soon and it will be a glimpse into the writer I am now compared to back then. I've changed! Also if you're actually reading this props to you and if you aren't you should follow me because come on! I just understand how some people have like a million followers. Oh well. Seriously though thanks for all the support to all of you, followers or not, voters or not I love you for believing in this story/ for liking it even when I didn't. Thank you especially to those of you who have been with me since the beginning, you rock and I wish I could kiss you senseless but you know that would be weird. I love you all!

Go follow, vote and whatever else and spread the word about good books because word of mouth really does work.