HOME

"So you have no staff working here?" John asked Belle as she cut up some vegetables, he had brought his kids round. They were playing outside in the garden. Belle was watching them happily. 

"They only work when Patrick's here. I do not need them nor want them. I was not grown up that way." Belle answered as she slid them into the pan of boiling water. 

"Where is he?" John asked him as he watched Belle take the meat out from the fridge. She loved cooking food. 

"He is London, said Tommy had sent him on business." Belle answered as she began to chop up the meet.

"London? What business in London?" John asked Belle and that made her nervous. She specifically remember him saying London.

"I must be wrong." Belle smiled at John before she placed the meat into the oven. "Anyways, he is off doing some business and I have the house to myself for a couple of days. It is far to big for just two people." Belle explained in a chipper mood as she washed her hands.

"Are you going to start a family with him?" John asked her, he was just full of questions today. Belle sighed a little.

"Patrick does not want a family. He wants us two to get married and for me to be the perfect wife." Belle explained trying to act happy but that was not what she wanted at all. John knew that.

"You do not want that. You want a big house with a big family, a job and a husband." John replied and Belle just shrugged her shoulders.

"The things you sacrifice for love." Belle replied as she stirred the boiling vegetables, then the boiling potatoes. 

"I would not make you sacrifice anything." John admitted and Belle just looked down. She could not be hearing these sorts of things. "He always fancied you and now he has you he pays no attention." John continued and Belle looked away. "Leave him." John stated strongly. 

"I can't. We love each other." Belle answered as she walked over to the backdoor where the kids were- playing outside. "You are lucky, you know?" Belle asked him smiling at the kids playing. "You have everything I want." Belle explained.

"We can have that together." John replied as he wrapped his strong arms around her petite waist, Belle knew this was cheating.

"I am going to get married to him." Belle whispered as she kept her eyes concentrated on the kids. John began to plant little kisses down her neck.

"He will never know." John muttered in her ear and Belle felt so torn. She knew that she had to do the right thing. 

"I will know and soon he shall be my husband." Belle explained as she nudged him off with her shoulder. 

"It has been two years, why are you waiting so long?" John asked her and Belle turned around to face him, their faces inches apart. Belle's breath hitched a little.

"I was waiting for you to come home. I was not going to get married without you there." Belle answered, John was away to reply but she got a phone call. She moved passed John and answered the phone. 

"Arthur has been badly beaten up. Hurry up and get here." Polly rambled on the phone and Belle looked extremely scared.

"Jesus, okay. We will be there soon." Belle explained before she placed down the telephone. John looked at her worried. "Arthur... Accident... we have to go." Belle explained as she switched off all of her ovens and things.  "You take the kids back and we can meet at the house." Belle suggested and John nodded his head as he ushered his kids out of the house. 

Belle threw on her coat and locked the front door behind her. She then released she did not have a driver so she knocked on John's car window before he drove off and left.