Chapter Thirty

Reborn: The Boy Who Discovered He Wasn't

by SabrynaBrooklynne

Chapter 30

=================

The warm, early morning summer sun delicately beamed through James's window and onto his face as he lay there sound asleep. Heat from the sunlight, warmed the side of his face, gently nuzzling him awake.

Blinking several times to get his focus, he looked over at the clock to discover it was already 9:30 in the morning.

This was unusually late for James for he was normally up by 7:30, even without an alarm clock.

He reasoned that being up until well after midnight last night, writing in his journal for Dr. Camibal, was likely the reason for sleeping so late.

Plodding into the kitchen to retrieve a cup of mom's delicious exotic blend of coffee, James had just reached for his favorite cup when his mom's voice startled him.

"Good Morning, Sunshine!" Carol called out, a little too chipper for the still not totally awake James.

"Mom!" James jumped. "Why so chipper this morning? It's too early."

"Really? You think it's early? Have you seen a clock?"

"Yeah."

"Well then you know it's almost 9:40. What made you sleep so late?"

"I was up late writing in my journal."

"Had a lot to write, did you?"

"Yeah mom, I did."

"Good. . .Oh, you left your phone in here last night. You already missed a call from Becca this morning."

James sat his cup of coffee on the counter and grabbed his phone off the bar. He proceeded to return Rebecca's call.

"Hello?"

"What's up my favorite person in the whole wide world?"

"JESSICA! Sleeping Beauty, you just get up?"

"Um, well, yeah, sort of. I was up late last night. What's up?"

"I talked to Arianna last night and we decided that we want to have a sleepover tonight. Can you come? Can you-can you-can you? Please, can you?"

"I'll have to see if mom will allow me to."

"So, what are you waiting for? Ask her. Right now."

"Geez, okay. Hold on."

James turned to his mom and asked. She proceeded to tell him that she needed to talk to him about it and told James to let Rebecca know that he would have to call her back in a little bit.

James hung up the phone and Carol motioned for him to have a seat.

He sat down and put his feet up in the chair next to his mom. Carol noticed that the paint on his toenails was starting to chip.

"Do you mind if I repaint your nails while we talk?"

"Sure, I guess so," was James's reply.

Carol gave him a list of things she would need and sent him to get them.

A few moments later James returned carrying cotton balls, polish remover, a bright, true-blue-creme bottle of nail polish, a buffing pad, a bottle of clear-coat, and a bottle of micro-shimmering coral hot pink. He sat down and placed the supplies on the table.

"How about I paint the toes on your left foot all the blue color, except for your second toe. I'll color that one the pink color. On the other foot, I'll color them all the pink color except for the third toe. I'll paint that one the blue color."