Chapter Thirteen

August 1st, 2014

Cassidy's POV

I had been in the hospital for 2 weeks. And I hate hospital and doctors and nurses. So I was extremely relieved to hear that I would be leaving today.

My father decided he would push my wheel chair, even though I could do I myself.

"Please." I begged, looking up at him.

"No, Cassidy I told you my decision is final."

I sighed. This was going to be a long day i could already tell.

The doctor walks up to us. "Mr. Rossi, I need to speak with you, privately."

I take this opportunity to wheelmyself down the hallway and ignore what it is that they are talking about. Why should I care?

Rossi's POV

"Your daughter is still very weak. Her body is still recovering."

"Still weak? How weak?"

"Her internal organs were damaged to the point where they almost can't function anymore."

I looked at him with a serious look on my face. "Are you trying to say she won't ever fully recover?"

"It's possible. For now keep an eye on her. Some of the results of her blood test were very strange."

"Strange?"

"Yes, very strange. Her blood count isn't normal for someone her age."

"And that means?"

"She may have a preexisting condition that may affect her recovery."

"condition?"

"It could be nothing. But it might be something more serious like cystic fibrosis."

What? Cassidy has to be okay. She has to recover, she just has to.

"Thank you."

"Oh and no strenous activty until a doctor tells gives her the okay."

I nod at that and follow my daugher down the hallway. She was chatting with the team in the waiting room. She looks fine, but I could tell it was like every breath hurt her.