Opening Night

the supporting parents: marcel x teen! female! reader x fourzeroseven (not really centered around them tho, theyre just your gay dads)

location: high school theatre
important info: reader is a lead role!

"I'm gonna shit myself," I whispered, tugging on the scarf around my neck. My hands shook as I paced around backstage, nervous and worried.

"Calm down, L/n." My castmate, Kiana, called out to me. She wore her Heather Chandler costume with pride, smiling at me with red lips. "Stress will only make your acting worse." She rose a perfect eyebrow in my direction.

Tonight is where my life changes. Our high school theatre was doing a production into a musical called Heathers. Based off the 80s movie, and is just as hilarious. 

And tonight, I will be starring as Veronica Sawyer.

"Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice whisper. Whipping my head around, I saw my legal guardian, Marcel, and my favorite of his friends, Scotty.

"Look at her!" Marcel squealed, shaking Scotty's arm. "She looks ready for Broadway!" Scotty laughs, as he wraps his arms around me. I squeezed him back, relishing in his hug.

"You ready, Miss Sawyer?" He asks, stepping back. My hands were shaking as I also hugged Marcel. But, as my head rested on his shoulder, I saw he was holding something.

"What's that?" Marcel pulled away, his excitement skyrocketing.

"Well," He began, looking over at Scotty for encouragement, "These are the legal papers that state that I can legally adopt you as my daughter." I gasped, tears hitting me faster than red shells hit Craig in Mario Kart.

"No way." I breathed, making Marcel tear up as well.

"Way." He replied, making the sentimental moment shatter. I punched him in the arm, making the duo laugh at me.

"We can finish this up after the show. Let's leave her be." Scotty ushered my now father out of the backstage area, winking at me for good luck. I smiled, nerves gone and replaced by happiness.

"Y/n! Curtains rise in a minute! We need onstage now." Letting out a yelp, I ran onstage, just as the orchestra were tuning their instruments. After thirty seconds of tuning was over, the curtains opened up, revealing me in center stage, staring at the crowd.

In a quick five seconds, I saw my dad and Scotty sitting closest to the stage, phones ready to record. Around them were Craig, Sami, Lucas, Tyler, Kelly, and Anthony, looking more than happy to see me front and center.

Taking in one more breath, I began the show.

"September 1st, 1989. Dear diary," The band joined in with a big bang of noise. I held back a grin that wanted to come out, staying in character. "I believe I'm a good person. Y'know, I think that there's good in everyone. But, here we are," Lifting up my arms in effect, I heard the ensemble come out, prepared to sing. "First day of senior year! And uh, I look around at these kids I've known my whole life and I ask myself, what happened?" I got some laughs from my deadpan, making me smile a little.

Going through "Beautiful" was amazing since everything was perfect. And when the Heathers entered, everything was spot on. Heather McNamara did her over the top motions. Heather Duke's part was my personal favorite.

"Heather Duke! Runs the yearbook. No discernable personality, but her mom did pay for implants." And then, I grabbed her boob.

Tyler let out a horrific wheeze, making others around him laugh. It took my everything just not to laugh along with them.