Chapter 14

Enjoy the music.

Bailey|Noah

The rest of the time we had together, which was two weeks was spent going on late night adventures. And a lot of sex. But today Noah leaves for Connecticut. The thought makes me sick to my stomach. He's got an early flight. So it's four in the morning and I'm going to meet him at the airport. The drive there, is silent because I don't even have the heart to turn on the radio.

Noah is sitting with his head in his hands, elbows on his knees when I get there. He's dressed in a pair of blue sweats and a white t-shirt. His hair is disheveled and he looks like he didn't get any sleep. My heart squeezes, and I have to force myself to keep walking forward. Everything in me is screaming for me not to do this. I want to beg him to stay, to not leave me.

He's the first one I've ever fallen for. And I don't know how I'm supposed to handle letting him go. Because I know he's a good guy, and that he's every females' wet dream. So it scares me to think that one day, he'll find someone and she'll make him happier than I ever did.

"Hey," I say, but my voice is barely a whisper and he doesn't look up until I drop into the seat next to him.

We don't say anything to each other for the longest time. We just sit there, soaking up each other's presence. But the longer I sit there, the more I feel like I'm going to breakdown. My heart is racing and it's hard to breathe. I just keep thinking about how unfair it is that we just started this relationship and now it has to end.

We both know a long distance relationship won't work. I need him with me as much as he needs me with him. The distance between us wouldn't suffice. And we both believe that we need to have a fresh start when we go off to college. But that doesn't make it hurt any less to watch him leave.

"Flight 453 to Connecticut, now boarding." A calm voice announces over the intercom. We've sat here for an hour, not even talking to each other and now he's really going to leave.

We stand up, and face each other. Noah's eyes are brimming red. But he smiles, taking my breath away.

"I'm going to miss you," He says and I feel my knees go weak. I throw myself into his arms to keep from falling on the floor.

Tears slide down my cheeks as his arms wrap around me. He pulls me into a bone crushing hug. It hurts a little, but I'm sure I'm hurting him too. And this whole thing hurts. Then we pull away and his crushes his lips to mine. His kiss says everything, how much he is going to miss me, how much he wants to stay and how much he can't.

"Okay, now," I sniffle, wiping my tears away frantically. My throat closes as I choke back tears, but I force words through. "Go and don't look back."

"But-"

"Don't look back." My voice is firm and leaves no room for discussion. Noah purses his lips, nodding, he grabs his suitcase and walks away.

The first time I thought my heart was truly broken, was when Rick cheated on me. My heart shattered that night, and my body ached with heart break. But I knew that was a temporary pain, it quit hurting. It didn't feel like I was hopeless. Watching Noah walk away from me, hurts worse than that ever could.

It feel like my heart has stopped working. And I'm drowning in helplessness. I just want to chase after him and kiss him one last time. But I don't, instead I lock down every muscle in my body and internalize the screaming I want to do. Crying and screaming won't change the fact that he is leaving. And that I'm leaving soon. It will just make everything real.

I stand there, even long after he's gone. People stop to look at me with concern because I'm not moving, but I'm crying my eyes out. It must look freaky to watch me bawl, but the only movement I'm making is through my eyes as I blink away the tears. I must look pathetic, but I feel pathetic.

"You're a bitch, you know that?" Trish glares at me. I look at her, raising an eyebrow. She huffs, pushing her sunglasses up onto her head. She glances at me while she drives.

"You have two weeks left with me and you've been moping since Noah left. I know you loved him," She pauses, wincing at what she just said. But it's okay, because I do love him. But I haven't heard from him since he left. It feels like a thousand knives in my heart every time my phone rings and it's not him.

"But I think you need to be grateful for the time you had with him. And now focus on spending time with your best friend, who, by the way, has missed you these last few weeks." Trish sighs, turning the corner to wherever we are going. I forgot where I agreed on going.

But she's right, I had a lot of time with Noah before he left. Much more than I have with Trisha now. And I need to appreciate that I had time with him. It's time to focus on taking care of business here now. Liking spending time with my beat friend, who admittedly, I have abandoned these last few weeks. And finalizing the sell on my grandparents house.

They wanted to sell it when I left for college and travel. So I figured they wouldn't mind me selling it now. Since it was left to me in their will anyway. I planned on banking the house money for when I got out of college and wanted my own house. I got a full ride to Washington State, so I didn't need the house money or even the money my grandparents left me. So I figured if I put the money into a savings account with a running interest rate; there would be a good amount accumulated over the next four or so years while I got my degree and a good paying job.

"I meant to say this when I picked you up, but 'get in, loser we're going shopping." Well, maybe I needed a little bit of that money.

A new wardrobe wouldn't hurt. Retail therapy never hurt anyone.

This is the last chapter before the Epilogue

IMPORTANT QUESTION: SEQUEL??? let me know.

Sad chapter but I kind of can't wait for you guys to see the bonus chapters?????