The Worst Medicine

*'The Worst Medicine' Summary: When Donatello is violently attacked by a deranged mutant monkey, his brothers make fun of him instead of helping him, adding further insult to injury. Can Donnie's brothers find a way to fix the emotional damage they have done

*Author's Notes: I've returned with another Shell Shot and this one is an older one I posted on FanFiction last year. I had a request from @AuthorMaster15 to post this story on Wattpad, so here it is. Thank you for the request, my friend.

This story takes place during the episode 'Monkey Brains.' Whenever I watch that episode, I'm always bothered by the fact that Donnie's brothers laugh at him when he's clearly injured, so I decided to write a one-shot about the consequences of their thoughtless actions. Hopefully everyone likes it.

Thanks so much for reading. ;) CJ

--------------------------  

The Worst Medicine

It had been one long, painful trek back to the lair, that much was for sure. Everything – literally everything – hurt. I'd been brutally assaulted by a vicious mutant and there wasn't one inch of skin on my body that hadn't been beaten or battered by my assailant.

And to think, I'd gone up to the surface with April in hopes of trying to impress her. Instead, I'd gotten pounded into the ground by a demented monkey and April had wound up having to rescue me. The girl of my dreams had to rescue me from a monkey, and I'm supposedly a highly trained martial artist.

Real smooth, Donatello. Way to make her swoon . . .

When the monkey had finished beating the shell out of me, he'd gone after April, but luckily, he hadn't harmed her. Just spooked her a little before fleeing the scene. Once he was gone, April instantly rushed to my side.

"Donnie, are you hurt?"

"Just my pride . . . and my internal organs."

As if getting pummeled by a mutated lab monkey in front of April hadn't been degrading enough, I then went and passed out for who knows how long. When I finally regained consciousness, April had been right there beside me, watching over me with those big, beautiful, blue eyes of hers.

I recognized her gaze for what it was . . . pity.

"Come on. Let's get you back to the lair. Can you walk?"

"Is there any way to keep some semblance of my dignity intact if I answer 'no'?"

She'd offered an angelic smile in response to my question, which had slightly dulled the pain racking my entire body, but not so much that I was able to stand on my own. To my mortification, I'd been forced to lean heavily against April's much smaller figure as we hobbled along. She had clearly struggled to support my substantial weight, which made the situation all the more embarrassing. Still, we'd somehow made it all the way back to the lair without having to call my brothers for help. Although by the time we'd gotten there, I'd been about ready to collapse. April had to practically drag me by the shell the last third of the trip.

Yet another thing to be horribly humiliated by.

Some knight in shining armor I am . . .

But at least we're home now. I can finally lie down and try to sleep this awful night off.

We push through the turnstiles and April carefully helps me down the stairs that follow. That's when my immediate older brother is the first to ask the question most likely on all three of my siblings' minds.