Uhura

Uhura watched Spock while he rested, her dark eyes taking in the rhythmic rise and fall of his chest. Faker, I know you're not asleep.

Spock rolled over and looked at her, tracing her jaw with his, long index finger. "What is it, Nyota?"

She shivered. Oh no you don't, no distractions. Spock looked up at her, a hint of a smile indenting the corner of his cheek. She grinned back, bounced on the bed, pinning him beneath her. Two can play at this game, mister. Spock allowed her to hold his arms above his head, while she bent down and kissed him. Though his strength tripled her own, she noted that he didn't struggle. "You're lucky we have to go on duty, or I would have to teach you a lesson."

Spock shifted his hips, molding their bodies together. "I look forward to the lesson, Lieutenant."

"We should lie call in sick, then I could call your bluff, but I know your compulsive truth telling would spoil the moment." Spock cocked his head to one side. "My compulsion to tell the truth is not a compulsion, it is part of my Vulcan heritage and as for spoiling the moment, you of all people should know that my response to your stimuli would take more than a moment."

She laughed, swinging one leg over his body and stood up. "Spock, I know something's troubling you. What is it? Is it about what we discussed the other day? Because I'm fine with you being a sperm donor to re-populate the Vulcan race. I just want you."

Spock looked up at her. "You have me, Nyota."

"Then what is it? Is it Ambassador Spock's death? That's got to be kind of creepy, knowing that your other self— died."

Spock reached behind him, then handed her a box. She took it, letting her slim, brown fingers dance over its raised surface. It's beautiful. Is it from Vulcan?"

Spock nodded. "Yes."

She turned over again. "How does it open?"

"It is tied into Ambassador Spock's DNA, and...mine. Ambassador Spock wanted me to destroy it, but I am finding it a difficult task."

She walked over and placed her hand on Spock's shoulder and whispered. "Why?"

"It is Ambassador Spock's personal logs. He left the decision up to me as to what to do with them. I want to comply with his wishes about not knowing about my other time line, however, without his hints about Khan's weaknesses, and Doctor McCoy's medical tests of Khan's blood, Kirk might have been lost to us."

She took Spock's hand. "That was a terrible day."

Spock swallowed, then looked down. "Yes, it was and that is why I struggle with the decision to destroy the box. Ambassador Spock left it up to me. He labeled the material. Some of it is Vulcan history, which must be preserved, and others are marked alternate time line."

"Couldn't you just keep the history and destroy the alternate time line data?"

"Yes, but at what cost? Will I be able to live with the fact that I have knowledge that could save lives and won't use it? What if the information to save Vulcan had been available to me? I could have saved them. I could have saved them all."

"Oh Spock, what are we going to do?"

"The burden is mine. Perhaps, I shouldn't have told you, but you did ask a question. However, you had no need to know, therefore I shouldn't have shared...the..."

"Spock, when are you going to learn. If we are going to continue to be a couple, then your problems are mine and mine yours. You let me in, then shut me out. It's exasperating."

Spock looked down. "I am sorry."

She sighed. "Spock, it's okay, don't apologize. Just remember we're together in this." Then she leaned in and kissed him, smiling when Spock closed his eyes. "Nyota," he whispered.

"Perhaps, we could be a few minutes late."

She grinned back at him. "I don't think it will alter our time line, if we are somewhat tardy. Besides, you need some distraction, so that your mind can be 100% focused on your duties."

Spock pulled her into his arms. "Most logical Lieutenant."

***

Uhura hurried to her post, attempting to ignore Kirk's glare.

"You're late, Lieutenant."

"Yes, sir, sorry, sir."

Kirk leaned back. "That's fine, just don't let it happen again."

"Yes sir."

The bridge doors opened, admitting McCoy. "Where is he?"

"Who?" Kirk asked.

"You're first officer, Spock, He was supposed to stop by sick-bay for a quick physical before his shift."

Kirk glanced her way, noting a loose strand of hair. He raised an eyebrow, then looked back at McCoy. "Spock should be along shortly. I'm sure he had a good reason for being late."

McCoy threw his hands in the air. "Has everyone totally lost all sense of discipline."

"Bones let me worry about the discipline, you just worry about..." Kirk leaned forward in his chair just as the red alert sirens blared. A small round ship appeared on the view screen. "Where's Spock? Someone needs to give me a read on that ship."

Scotty stepped forward. "It's a beauty."

Another science officer read off the stats of the ship. Kirk listened, then frowned when the science officer's voice shouted, "Sir, there's a transfer beam coming from the ship. It's humanoid."

The bridge crew stared at the glowing figure that soon morphed into a smiling beautiful woman.

"I'm Captain Kirk, of the star ship Enterprise," Kirk barked out. Two security officers burst through the door. The woman smiled again and pushed a button on the large bracelet that encircled her thin wrist.

Uhura moved to her communications console, then slumped to the floor. The bridge seemed to tilt sideways, her screams silenced by a paralyzing force. She watched helpless, while one by one the crew fell to ground.