Shortbread Cookies

*Sorry if these photos aren't Instagram worthy, but they're from the past before I had an account 😂

This simple recipe can be as much of the first step to baking as baking chocolate chip cookies!

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Optional:
Chocolate chips
Sprinkles (had a sprinkle set so that's why the cookies in the photo have all sorts of stuff 😂)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F (177° C).
2. While the oven preheats, take a large bowl and beat the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a spoon or mixer. Then stir in the flour. (If the dough is crumbly, just add about a tbsp or 2 of softened butter.)
Optional: Add the sprinkles or chocolate to the dough and make sure it's thoroughly mixed in.
3. For this step, you can either roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick and cut the dough before baking, or you can place the dough in a small pan and bake the cookies, and then cut them into shapes when they're still warm. But for the other method, place the already cut cookies onto a ungreased cookie sheet, at least 1/2 inch apart from each other.
4. Place the cookie sheet/pan in the oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown. Then immediately take them out (if you used the pan method cut immediately before they cool so it's easier to cut, if you used the cookie sheet, then place the cookies onto a cooling rack)
5. Enjoy your cookies!