Chapter 16- The Crush Factor

“AHHHHHHHH!!!!” Emily and Cat screamed when I told them. We were in my kitchen eating chips and I needed to tell them.

            “Chill before Tyler comes in.” I said, lightly swatting Emily’s leg.

            “But ohmygosh! You are dating one of the members to one of the most popular bands ever!!” Cat said, hugging me.

            “You are next Kit Kat!” I said to Cat as she rolled her eyes.

            After Cat left, Emily stayed and hung out with me for a little.

            “So how does it feel to be dating an international superstar?” Emily asked me.

            “I don’t really know. It hasn’t sunk in yet.” I said sighing and playing with my phone case.

            “You are lucky. I would die to know one of them, let alone all of them!” Emily said.

            “So who is your celeb crush in the group?” I asked her. I had a surprise planned.

            “Zayn. But don’t tell Tyler!” Emily said, whisper yelling.

            “One Second!” I said, running away laughing, Emily laughing and following me as I ran into my room and opened a new message to Zayn, ‘fighting’ Em off with my feet.

            Hey Zayn. I was wondering if I could give your like biggest fan your number? I know her really well and I know she won’t give it out.

            I got an immediate response.

            Sure! Don’t let me down Brook!!

            “Give me your phone.” I told Emily. She gave me her phone, confused.

            I opened a new contact and put it “Zayn Malik”, typing his number in and saving the contact, handing Em back her phone.

            “OHMYGOSH! Brook!! Thanks so much!” Emily said, grabbing her iPhone and opening a message to Zayn.

            After typing some Emily looked up at me. “OHMYGOD! That was SO lame!”

            “What?”

            “I just texted ‘hey’.”

            “That isn’t lame. I send that to the boys all of the time.”

            “Yeah but you are dating one of them!”

            “Well 1. I just started dating him. And 2. How is that relevant?” I asked, laughing.

            “I don’t really know. Anyways. I wanna meet your boyfriend and approve!”

            “Haha. Oh Emily, I know you. You just want to meet Zayn and the boys.”

            “Ok. You’re right.” Emily said smiling.

            One of our phones buzzed. We both looked at our phones. It was Emily’s, and it was Zayn. She read aloud.

            Hey. You are Brooklyn’s friend right? Obviously I am Zayn. Vas Happenin’?

            “OHMYGOSH! Brooky! What do I say? It isn’t like I talk to celebrities everyday like some people.” Em said poking me.

            “Just tell him the truth. You are hanging out with me. But don’t be too flirty! He has Ash and u definitely have Tyler!!!” I said, wagging my finger.

            I grabbed her phone. Hey Zayn. It’s Brook. I am typing for Emily cus she is freaking out about what to say….. She is just chilling with me. U? and clicked send.