6-Shopping Spree

Picture to the side of the dress Lexy buys ------------------------------------>

Chapter Six Part one 

I looked to my bed-side table to see where the annoying ringing was coming from, only to be greeted by a flashing cell phone. Who in their right mind calls someone at this time? I thought to myself. It was two thirty in the morning! I grabbed the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello," I said, my voice still heavy from sleep.

"Hey Deli, I didn't mean to wake you," Alexis’ familiar voice sang out,using te  annoying nickname she had given me long ago.

"Then why did you call this early?" I snapped.

"Damn girl, chill, sorry! I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the mall with me and Aiden tomorrow?"

“What for?" I asked.

"Do we really need a reason?" you could hear the smirk in her voice.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" I shot back,forgetting about my previosly bad mood and  smiling.

"Okay, since you’re going to be difficult I guess I'll just have to tell you. I want you to help me pick a dress out."

"Do you have a date or something?" I asked.

"No, I'm attending this ball thingy with my dad and you know how he gets. So yeah, will you go? Please" she pleaded.

"Yeah... I guess," I answered.

”Okay, well I’ll pick you up at your house tomorrow around ten, is that okay?”

"Yeah, whatever," I replied sarcastically.

"You know you’re the best friend a girl could have, right?" she added sweetly.

"Yeah! I know."

"Alright, night grouchy," she teased.

"Night," I replied flatly.

*********************************************************

"Mmmmm...." What time is it? I thought to myself, getting out of bed slowly. As I stretched I picked up my phone and checked to see if I had any new messages.  Just then I noticed the time. Holy crap! Lexy would be here any minute! It was nine-fifty and she said she’d pick me up at ten! I could not believe I had overslept! Rushing into the bathroom I brushed out my hair and put it in a messy bun, washed my face and went to my closet picking out a pair of blue shorts and a black tank top with black gladiator sandals. Just as I had finished getting dressed my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you babe? I'm out here waiting!" Alexis said through the phone.

"Jesus, don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm on my way woman!" I replied happily.

"Okay, bye," she said as she hung up. I grabbed my purse and headed for the door but it opened before I made it out and Angel came in wearing tan khaki shorts and a green t-shirt. He eyed the bag in my hand and said,

“Were do you think your going babe?"

"Umm... To the mall with Lexy,” I said calmly.

”And who said you could go?” he said through clenched teeth.

“Um...” I started to reply but was cut off.

”No one that's who! Don't start acting tough with me Delilah. Just because lover boy saved you once doesn't change anything. You’re still mine and I'll punish you if you provoke me,” he said looking me in the eye.