Chapter 4

Okay so it's been like two years since I updated this story. And this is a short update. Sorry. I have changed laptops twice since I updated last, and somewhere in the change over I lost the document this was stored in. I managed to find it again a few weeks ago, and this is what I had written of chapter four. So, hi, sorry and enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott and I were sitting on the couch and laughing a stupid joke he had made when Cole found us.

“Ava! I thought I told you not to go anywhere... Who’s this?” Cole’s voice jolted me out of the bubble Scott and I had been in.

“Cole! This is Scott! He’s new in town and I do not have to do what you tell me to do! I am my own person!” I had had a cup of the punch that Paul had made for the party, and I was starting to feel a bit tipsy.

Cole sent me a glare, then turned to Scott and held out his hand.

“Hey, I’m Cole, this crazy person’s best friend. I hope she hasn’t been terrorising you.” Scott stood up and grabbed Cole’s hand, shaking it with what seemed to be a firm grip from where I was sitting.

“I’m Scott, nah, Ava’s been a perfect guide, although I think she should work on her sense of direction!”

I tuned out of the guys’ conversation and started taking in my surroundings. We were in the room just of the main lounge, so it was a bit quieter in here, you didn’t have to yell if you wanted to speak to someone else.  

“Ava! Hey Ava! Hey did you hear? There’s a new guy here, and apparently he’s really…. Oh, hello.” Laura had burst into the room, shattering the relative peace. She was obviously here to tell me about the new guy, which I obviously already knew about, as he was sitting next to me! As Laura trailed off, it became apparent tht she had spotted said new guy and was a bit embarassed, if she had been a bit more sober no doubt she would have been a lot more embarassed.

“Hi, I’m Scott. I’m new here, but maybe you already know that.” Scott’s eyes were twinkling in amusement. He reached out a hand to Laura as if to shake her hand, and she just stared at it.

“Ha…ha ha… I’m Laura.” She finally took his hand and they both held onto the other’s hand longer than they really should’ve. There was maybe ten seconds of awkward eye contact before they both realised they had been holding hands a little too long.

“WELL. Yes. Um. It was nice.. meeting you, Scott. I.. guh.. um.” Laura was not acting normal, Cole and I exchanged a glance, we had an idea about what was going on here. Scott didn’t seem to be doing any better.

“OKAY THEN. Laura, come with me.” I grabbed Laura’s arm and dragged her away from the boys and outside the house. We stood in the cold air, and it seemed to snap Laura out of whatever state she had been in.

“Ava, I think… I think he’s my… you know. My mate.” Laura looked at me, eyes wide and slightly frightened. “But.. But I don’t think he’s a werewolf. Or a human.”

I thought about that for a moment, that would explain the weird feelings I had when I was around him. “Then what is he?”

“I don’t know Ava. I don’t know.” I pulled Laura in for a hug, and wondered just how much things were about to change. I knew that Scott had felt the same kind of connection as Laura, and that meant the bond was reciprocated, but he wasn’t a werewolf or a human.

I just knew that nothing was ever going to be simple again.