Chapter 14: Rivals (Part 2)

Mayoumi's Pov:

"What are you doing here Mayoumi?" Ino asked angrily as she placed her hands on her hips in a sassy manner as to provoke me.

"I'm simply taking a leisurely stroll with my brother." I spit back as I crossed my arms in retaliation to her sour attitude.

"Uh, what's going on here?" Naruto asked, puzzled as to what rivalry we had, especially since he didn't know that we knew each other.

"Oh nothing. We just had a small argument that we never settled before." Ino fake smiled as she turned to answer Naruto.

Before I could say anything to her challenge, a pale man with an eerie smile walked in.

"Oh, hello Mayoumi, Naruto. I didn't expect to see you two today." He said with a smile. He waved simply.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" I asked.

"My name is Sai. I'm a friend of Naruto's. And you've been quite the talk around the village."

"What?! Who's been saying things about me?" I asked.

"While you were on your mission, Kiba went around and told everyone about a girl named Mayoumi who was Naruto's sister."

"That little rat." I mumbled under my breath.

"Although he was very adamant on telling everyone to not tell you he was the one to spread the word." Sai paused and smiled once again, "Whoops." he chuckled dryly, but continued on with his facade of a happy mood.

     Things were quiet for a while before Ino spoke up, "S-so Sai. What are you doing here?" She blushed as she dropped her angry stance in favor of an innocent-looking one.

"Oh right. I was bored, so when I saw your flower shop I thought I'd come by to see you." Sai said flatly.

"Oh? You wanted to see me?" Ino blushed harder.

"Well seeing you is slightly better than being bored." Sai smiled sincerly, completely oblivious to his obvious mistake.

"Oh." Ino smiled to herself. Then she looked up at Sai with anger etched on her face. "Oh. Is that so? So I'm only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry?"

"Precisely." He said calmly. Naruto and I chuckled at Sai's cluelessness.

"Okay, well we'll see you two lovebirds around then!" I quickly said as I pulled Naruto out of the shop.

"We are not lovebirds!" Ino yelled after us as we ran off into the sunset, laughing at the interaction we just had.

Naruto's Pov:

     It feels like everything has gotten better with her here. Like things have gotten more lively. It warms my heart to see her interacting with everyone like this. I turned to her and smiled. This almost feels like a dream. That is, until Mayoumi came to an abrupt stop. I stopped along with her as she pointed ahead of us with curiosity. 

"Who is that?" she asked, I looked where she was pointing and couldn't believe it. 

"S-Sasuke?" I asked, completely shocked. There he was. In all of his glory. He still looked as twisted as before, but I saw through the fake facade and saw a boy who was confused and broken.

"Naruto." He glowered back at me with a firmness in his voice. "I've finally come to destroy you." I glared back at hi and got into a fighting stance.

"Naruto, who is that?" Mayoumi looked worried for me. She was clearly concerned with the history I had with this guy she only just saw. Suddenly, she got into a fighting stance as well, "Well, whoever he is, he sure as hell isn't going to beat us." I looked over, shocked at her quickly-changed attitude.

"He's an old friend." I smiled while looking back towards Sasuke.

"Friend? He seems more like an enemy." She sidestepped to her left, while I did to my right as Sasuke preformed his Fireball Jutsu. 

"It's complicated-- Shadow clone Jutsu!" I quickly yelled as I attacked Sasuke.

"Tiger- Wind Jutsu!" Mayoumi yelled as she then started to control the wind and pushed Sasuke until he fell back. I took that as my chance to run up to him and hold him down. I then sealed him within a nearby barrel-- previously filled with fish guts. 

"Phew! That was easy!" Mayoumi shined her smile brightly. I thought for a moment. Y-yeah, that was too easy. This is probably a trap. I expected some sort of crazy battle with hundreds of explosions and hundreds of miles of land destroyed by our attacks against each other, but... nothing.

Then, suddenly, I Mayoumi called my name, "Naruto." she said bluntly, unlike her usual sweet voice.

"Naruto." She said again, more fiercely this time. But, I couldn't reply. It was like I had just lost my voice. I was looking at her and could hear her, but I couldn't respond.

"Naruto!" My world started to fade at this point. Her voice became more distorted. What was happening? The scenery around me suddenly became very dark. I became worried, scared of what would come next.

"NARUTO!" I knew that husky voice. Deep and alluring to every girl around. It was my best friend. Sasuke. I was jolted awake, and that's when I saw his face staring down at me clearly annoyed.

"Get up idiot." He said.