Chapter Two.

"This isn't fair. Don't you try to blame this on me. My love for you was bulletproof but you're the one who shot me." Bulletproof Love // Pierce The Veil

Tylers POV

Ten more minutes. I'll give him ten more minutes.

This has happened before, never on our anniversary, but waiting for Jake has been something I've grown used too. I'm definitely not happy about it but I'm used to it. He's never more than twenty minutes late and it's just passed that mark. I'll give him ten more minutes.

He wouldn't just ditch me on our anniversary. Thoughts of Troye being right form in my mind but I quickly push them away. I don't want to give him the satisfaction of being right about this. I can just imagine the all too used, 'I told you so' smirk that's carved into my mind. Troye has a tendency to be right.

"Hello Tyler, would you like to order now?" The waitress says, giving me a sympathetic smile. We had a small conversation earlier during my wait but it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to see I'm being stood up.

"Umm can I have like ten more minutes, please?" I say and she gives me a nod and a smile filled with pity before turning around. My fake smile drops and I take out my phone again, calling Jake for the umpteenth time. Once again, going straight to voice mail.

I sigh, deciding to text Troye to distract me. I didn't really have much to say but I needed him, selfishly wishing he has with me at the moment instead of with his family.

To Troye; <3 Love you TroyeBoy.

From Troye; Love you more, Tilly. <3

To Troye; highly doubt it. <3

From Troye; I'd bet on it. <3

To Troye; I miss you. :(

From Troye; soon, babe. <3

To Troye; can't wait too see you. <3

From Troye; Gotta go. Stupid flight attendants keep telling me to power off my phone. Love you bunches. Have fun tonight. <3

To Troye; seeya babe. Love you. <3

That's when I hear a voice coming above me speaking quick and breathless, "Tyler, baby, I'm so sorry I'm late. I had car troubles and I tried to fix it but I just made it worse and then I got a ride from my friend and you know LA traffic. Are you mad, babe?"

His voice was too quick, too nervous. He knew I wouldn't be mad at him. I never was, yet he sounded like I'd kill him.

I knew then that something was up.

I took a deep breath before silently putting away my phone and then looking up. I immediately met his bright green eyes, staring at me with worry. I almost got lost in them without even taking in the rest of his appearance, almost.

But I didn't.

I first noticed his bright green eyes, filled with nerves. Then to his hair. His usually beautiful blonde quiff was not there and instead was ruffled and sticking up in different ways. Still beautiful but not normal. Then too his dark lips in a fake smile that I could see through all too well. Next, his clothes which stood out way more than they should. His dress shirt first two buttons were undone, slightly wrinkled but tight on his slim but muscular body. His undone shirt was revealing something I definitely didn't want too see.

Standing out was something dark, almost bruised like on his beach tanned skin. I knew all too well that it was a hickey.

A fresh hickey that didn't come from my lips.

I knew this because he always made sure that everything we did went unnoticed. Especially, no hickeys.

I guess I was the only one he had this rule with.

My mind raced with thoughts like it's sole purpose was too find a reason, any reason, to make what I was seeing untrue. Jake is different. I thought Jake was different. How could he do this to me?

Maybe he got hit by a door, or fell and hit a table, or got into a fight. I mean anything could have happened, right? His brothers dog could have been really happy to see him or maybe this was all just some sick joke. I was begging that this was all some sick joke. 

I know it's not though. 

I know him well enough to know he's lying. I just learned something new about him though, something I could have sworn wasn't true. I learned that he doesn't give a shit about me, about us. I now know he cares more about himself, not even caring about me enough to give me a real apology or even fight for me.

Here I am, falling to fast and getting my heart broken again. 

I immediately jumped from my seat, only a few people looking our way in the too fancy restaurant we were in.

"It's our fucking anniversary," I say, not bothering to cover up the venom and hurt in my voice.

"I know, love. I'm so sorry I'm late -" He starts but I quickly cut him off.

"You fucking idiot. Don't play that shit with me. I know exactly where you were," I say and his face fills with confusion.

"What are you-" He says before I cut him off again. More people looking up at us every word.

"Do you think I'm stupid or something? You're the one who didn't even look in the mirror before coming to meet your fucking boyfriend?"

He goes to talk but I don't give him the chance.

"Heard toothpaste will take away that fucking hickey by the way," I say with venom filling my voice, beginning to walk away dramatically.

"Troye was right about you, asshole," I call as I walk away, knowing that would be the thing to hurt his enormous ego in the slightest.

"Fine, run to Troye than," He calls back his voice that was once music to my ears bursts my eardrum.

"I fucking will."

I walk away with tears now streaming out of my eyes, now that he can't see them. I faintly hear people cheering me on in the background as I walk away. Noticeably seeing my waitress clapping along proudly as I walk to the door.

Dinner and a show.

All I got was a broken heart and my best friend hours away. Great.

Ohi, cuties. This wasn't much troyler action but it's obviously important. I hope you all liked it and stuff. I don't have much too say so I love you all to death and hope you have a wonderful day. 

Slay ya slayter. 

Tumblr; ohitroyler.tumblr.com

(Dedicated this to @Ladanmrss because their comment made me smile lots and also they added this story to their reading list on THE FIRST chapter like that's crazy. Thanks for having that much hope for this story.  Thank you so much. <3)