4. Limits to Rationality As Logic Approaches Zero

VOTE&COMMENT if you're enjoying this!

                                        Chapter 2 Squared

               “Limits to Rationality As Logic Approaches Zero”

Maybe I Love You - Lenka 

 Smalle 

Jeremy Smalle – Match Maker.

That was me. That was I.

I took my two sexless – borderline spinster – best friends, who also happened to be gay  and smashed into one another until they exploded; a gay big bang, one could say.

 Except instead of creating an entire universe, I created love. Love that will be represented by the metaphor of a volcano; an active volcano that spews hot homosexual love made of soft kisses and molten lava.  

Rory kissed Price’s cheek and handed him the yellow tulips. Price was smiling. He was smiling so hard it didn’t even look real. He didn’t even seem bothered by the fact that he was allergic to those. Sure, I’d have to dump those things later so he didn’t get hives, but still. The gesture was majorly coolio.

It was so incredible fabuloso that even the earth was agreeing with it.

The sun was in the correct position; way up in the sky, dangling by threads. It was this bright yellow ball of perfect; rays streamed down on Price. His eyes flared like to big brown orbs. I could almost see Rory’s face in them. He looked like he was glowing.

Even Price’s Dad’s garden seemed to look more alive today. The yellow hibiscuses were dancing the tango under the sway of the wind. The red roses danced the flamenco while the purple periwinkles just swayed lightly, observing the others like the wallflowers they were.

Rory whispered something into Price’s ear. Price’s smile faltered a bit. His eyes ignited and narrowed. That made me cock my head. But then they softened and my smile grew back.

This was happening. Because of me.

Rory turned around and faced me. “Thanks, man,” he nudged Price’s shoulder, “for making me step up and ask him out.”

“I’m one of your best friends, Rory,” I commented, waving him off, “it’s in my job description.”

Rory threw an arm over Price’s shoulder. My stomach did something weird. It felt like it folded in on itself.  I hadn’t eaten since Price’s little lunch, so maybe I was just hungry.

“So, uh, how about you go home and get ready and I help Price get ready and you two can go on a date tonight?”

Rory looked at Price. He was smiling so widely that it looked like his mouth was preparing to suck this entire street corner into some dark abyss. “Sure…” His Adam’s Apple moved; he swallowed. “Tonight.” He cleared his throat. “Why not?” He turned to Price and pinched his left cheek. “Why not take this…cu-,” he paused to clear his throat, “cutie out tonight.”

Price laughed and then coughed out something that sounded weirdly like, “go fuck yourself.”

Rory waved back at me and started crossed the street. I didn’t even notice his silver four door parked in front of the Mooners’ house.