Chapter 2

I ran and ran and ran. I had lost all ties with my old pack. There was nothing left to do but leave they would be better off without me anyway. I crossed the bounderies of my old pack's land. Thats it I'm officailly no longer a member of the Raven Pack. I'm now a rogue.

I shifted I could cover more distance this way. This was going to be my life. Occasional stops in towns living in the outskirts of territories. Sometimes eating my food raw shunned by other wolves fighting for survival... Yes this is my life now. Leah Winter is no more instead I am a rogue.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' 2 years later'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Happy Birthday self. I thought. After the first year my wolf had gotten over the rejection. Now she works with me to keep us alive. Pickpocketing is how I get money. Its theiving but survival. I have to buy clothes every so often so I don't look like such a wreck that the authorities start to worry a homeless girl is wandering the streets.

I'm 17 now. I'm risking my life right now. I'm in another pack's territory to grab food and some money. Suddenly a man walks towards me. Uh oh.  I could smell it on him. He was a shifter like me and from another pack. I was in the  Nightclaw's territory and they were a pretty strong pack. I swore under my breath and set on a swift pace to the edge of the woods.

As soon as i was out of view I shifted. My wolf is now a gray instead of her original snowy white. The dirt from miles of running was beggining to accumulate.

Luckiliy speed was in my genes and I sprinted to the border. Not quick enough. He tackled me down. It was apparent I couldn't beat him so i shifted. Ouch. he had sharp claws.

"Ok you got me let me go now." He shifted back and grabbed my arm.'

"You are going to the alpha, you were tresspassing and a rogue."

I gulped I was pretty sure I'm doomed.