Chapter Fifteen

We all watched on as Kennedy and Tilly played in the pack playground. Other wolves and their children occupied the area as the children laughed and screamed as they chased each other around.

It felt strange that I was hanging around Gabriel and the rest of his pack. It was almost normal. We just sat on the grass watching our children while discussing general pack life.

Gabriel didn't seem to mind that they were discussing a few private matters in front of me, although it was nothing serious, I was still not a member of the Black Moon pack.

It was late when I noticed the sun was beginning to settle. Kennedy came rushing over, she was laughing but I could see in her eyes how tired she was. She bundled herself on top of me, throwing her arms around my neck.

"Tired baby?" I laughed, her body moving to sit on mine comfortably holding me close. She yawned, a smile on her face. I could tell she was about to decline, wanting to continue playing with her new friends.

I could feel Gabriel's gaze on us while Kennedy shook her head defiantly. "Yes, you are." I laughed, tickling her as she struggled to get out of my hold, giggling loudly before escaping my grip and running off.

I sat between Gabriel and Charlie; Dan was on the other side of his mate. Eli had left around an hour ago, he had somewhere he needed to be. Two other wolves had joined us, their names were Jessica and Alice.

They were both pack warriors and their mates were currently running border patrol. Jessica's mate was Gabriel's head tracker and apparently the best in West America.

"Me and Kennedy should probably get going now, we still have an hour's drive home and we still need to eat dinner." I said, looking at Gabriel who caught my eye, I found myself feeling quite fatigued.

I caught his body tense slightly; he didn't want us to leave. "Why don't you both stay here tonight, and I'll take you both home tomorrow morning. As you mentioned, it's late and neither of you have eaten yet."

I pondered the idea; it was late and a part of me wanted to stay a little longer. Enjoying being in the same proximity as my mate. "Okay," I began, knowing I needed to notify Grace and Julian, or they would worry. "As long as we leave tomorrow, and we have our own room."

Gabriel agreed immediately, a look of relief flashing across his face. We both stood up, saying our goodbyes to everyone as Kennedy waved to her friends. She was exhausted and began whining that her feet were hurting.

Gabriel looked at me for permission, his suggestion clear before offering to hold her. Kennedy eagerly agreed, holding her arms up as he lent down, pulling her up to his chest, securing her tightly to his side.

We walked the short journey to the pack house and entered the kitchen. Gabriel placed Kennedy down onto a stool before rummaging through the fridge.

"There's chicken pasta in the fridge from lunch today, is that ok?"

"Yeah, that's fine." I confirmed, sitting beside Kennedy as she stared between Gabriel and me. She was quieter than usual, her tiredness getting the best of her.

We all ate quickly, and I put away our plates before carrying Kennedy up the stairs. We went to the top floor; Gabriel had explained that he had a spare bedroom opposite his.

"You and Kennedy can have this room," Gabriel offered as he opened the bedroom door, gesturing for me to walk in.

I do, carrying a sleeping Kennedy into bed and tucking her in as Gabriel watched on.

His body never moving from the doorway, I looked up and gave him a small smile. "You can stay in here or wonder about the pack house, if you like. I've got to make an important phone call, but I'll be back within an hour."