18: Dangerous Escape

"Hey, Blaze. I just want to say thank you, you know for encouraging Aiden to mark me. We have decided to complete the mating process, but I wanted to come see you first, since you asked me to come see you. I didn't get a chance before since you were kind of, er- in heat and occupied." Alice blushes and avoids eye contact with me. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"There is no need for you to thank me, Alice. It's your choice anyway, if you want to keep the baby or not, so it would have been up to you entirely. I just thought it would be easier for you both if you decided together." I tell her sincerely. I pull her into a hug and rub her back as she tries to keep her sobs in.

"What did you want to tell me?" She sniffs and pulls away, wiping her eyes in the process.

"I just wanted to ask you if you have told Aiden about you trying to kill yourself before and why you didn't run from the vampire and all that." I look at her face to see any signs of her being jealous about my constant concern for Aiden. He's my best friend and the only person who was nice to me in a very long time and I just want what's best for him. He deserves it.

"Yeah, I told him everything. That's how we kind of went to go ask Anna about if it were safe to mate. We wanted to be sure the child won't be affected, but looks like that doesn't matter now. We just think that if Aiden marks me and I miscarriage, Anna will sedate me and take the baby out and make sure everything is fine, since I heard that the pain is excruciating this far along in the pregnancy, emotionally and physically. It's a hybrid child and I don't think the world is ready for something that is this strong just yet. I think if the Moon Goddess wanted a hybrid child, she would have paired a vampire and werewolf by now." I nod along, but all I can seem to think about is what Carly asked me a few minutes before Alice found me, shell-shocked.

Carly left as soon as Alice arrived. I haven't even thought about how I'm going to tell Noah. Am I even going to tell him? Most likely not yet. I still have to figure out if her wants children or not and I have two months before I'll start showing and then I really will have no choice.

"Luna! Where is Alpha? It's urgent!" A frantic guard, Kyle, I think his name is, shouts and I point to our room where Noah is probably getting dressed in right now.

"What is wrong?" I question, but I am blatantly ignored as he runs up the stairs and the next thing I know, Noah flies down the stairs, barely registering Alice and I.
"Noah, stop!" He looks at me and goes to move, but I grab his arm.

"Blaze, not now we are under attack!" I gasp and let go of him. I follow him downstairs and into the foyer where he is shouting at all of the soldiers to get into formation. I follow them out into the front yard and they round the corner, moving closer to the woods.

"Blaze, get inside!" Aaron grabs me around my waist, but I elbow his arm and he drops me in shock I run to the soldiers but the feeling of someone tackling me to the ground stops me.

"Aaron!" I yell exasperated and he only grins before whispering to stay low. I look at him and my brows knit in confusion.

"Veronica, who set you free?" Noah's voice can be heard from miles away as he commands an answer from the psycho she-wolf.

"Aww, Noah, aren't you happy to see me?" She teases and I can hear the pack growl at her. A foul smell hits my nostrils and I look up from the ground and catch a glimpse of the bloodsucker staring right at the pack house. He sneers at it, almost like he sees something before looking at Aiden. He goes to attack him, but Veronica places a well-manicured hand onto his sickly chest.
"Tsk tsk, not yet." She purrs at him and kisses him roughly. I grimace at that and look back at Noah who looks bored as ever. He crosses his arms over his chest, glaring at the disgusting display of what looks like oral violation.