Chapter 7

After everyone was done inspecting and learning about their new work areas, everyone gathered around the judges.

"Before we present your first Flash Challenge, we have an announcement," Dave started.

"After last night's events, we found a stray phone. Did someone lose this last night?" Oliver said as he held up a phone, but not any phone. It was my goddamn phone. My face turned red in embarrassment as I raised my hand. Everyone's eyes were on me.

"Me. It's mine," I said audible enough for everyone to hear. I stepped forward and received my phone from Oliver. I smiled a bashful smile and returned to my place in the crowd. I glanced at Dave, whose eyes were fixed on everyone in the crowd except for me. He didn't even bother to acknowledge me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.'Why isn't he looking my way?'

"Now that we're all clear, let's continue. I see that everyone is pretty happy with their work areas, but don't get too comfortable, because one of you will be going home tonight, but to decide who's closing shop, let's get into your Flash Challenge for today," Dave declared.

"For your first Flash Challenge, we'll be testing your fundamentals. For that, we'll have you do a three-part challenge consisting of 3 different rounds," Just as Dave said this, everyone in the group started whispering among each other.

'3 phases for a single challenge? What kind of challenge is that?'

Just as Dave said this, a girl walked in, but- She was naked. She was a nude model. I started to get a nervous feeling in my gut. What challenge, what Flash Challenge, has ever included a nude model?

"Complete one round and you'll move on to the next. You have four hours to complete all three rounds. Get stuck and your first Flash Challenge in this competition will be a fail," Dave concluded. I could already hear the suspense music the editors would add in when editing this episode.

Talking about editing, I could already sense cameras on us. Without even noticing when they entered, there were already cameras behind the judges, taking shots of the contestants and everything around them, not to mention that yesterday I saw people getting pulled to the side to film some of their opinions and thoughts so far. They haven't got a shot of me yet, which I'm honestly not looking forward to.

"This is round one. You must create a full-body sketch of this model," Dave motioned to the model standing beside him. I could hear someone in the crowd mutter a silent yet frustrated 'fuck me'. I wanted to laugh, but I contained my posture.

"Once you're satisfied that your drawing is a true representation of your artistic skill, then you can move on to the next round," There was a long pause after these words.

"And your time starts now," A shiver went down my spine as soon as Dave pronounced these words. This is what all my career has come to. I needed to get everything off my mind and focus on winning this.

The model positioned herself in the middle of the room, while all of us sat in our preferent seat to get a certain perspective of the model. I decided to do a ¾ portrait of her. We were handed sketchbooks and pencils, and as soon as I did, I started sketching on the model's figure.

Half an hour later~

My sketch wasn't going to get any better, so I decided to stay with what I had. I included the most important details of the model including her face, hands, and made sure everything was proportionate. I'm pretty sure I also got some shading as well. I felt as if this drawing was going to be vital later on and not just a sketch the judges wanted us to do. Chris was standing by the judging table, watching everyone work, but Oliver and Dave were missing.