Chapter 2

Washington D.C.

12:03 p.m.

March 26th, 1994

Scully's POV

        I woke up feeling better than I had when I woke up in the hospital.  I look over at the clock on my bedside; 12:03.  Oh my god!  My godson's birthday party is in 3 hours! I calculate how long of a drive it will be, and since it's a Saturday, the traffic won't be as bad.  Still, that means it will take me an hour to get there. I still have to take a bath, get him a gift, and get some of the party supplies.

        Ugh, this is too much for me.  How does Mulder do it? Oh, that's right: he doesn't have a life.

        I start some coffee and go turn on the water for my bath.  As soon as the shower was warm enough, I started to get undressed.  I started by taking off my shoes, as I hadn't done so early this morning when I arrived.  But, these shoes aren't my shoes.  I wore heels last night.  These are male dress shoes.  Kind of like Mulder's.

        Ohmigod! Nononononononononono! This isn't real! I look at the mirror in my bathroom, and scream.

        "AH!" I am in Mulder's body! Thank God I didn't take any other clothing off. I wouldn't have liked to be surprised with his, ummm... 

        I turn the bath off, I'm not showering in his body! I go over to my phone and call Mulder.

Mulder's POV

        I wake up on my couch after a very stiff sleep.  I look at my clock, and note that it's only 12.  I stretch, and rub my eyes.  That's weird, my hands feel a bit softer and smaller than usual.  I sit up on the couch, putting my red hair behind my ears as it had gotten in my face when I sat up.

        Wait, I don't have red hair. I look down at my hands, they look like Scully's hands. What's going on?!  I run as fast as I could to my bathroom, which wasn't as fast as I usually ran, and look at my mirror.

        There, in my reflection, is Scully.  What happened last night? Or, is this still last night? I start pinching my self to see if I can wake up.

        After a few pinches I look at my, well, Scully's, left arm in horror.  The red marks from the pinches prove this isn't a dream.  Oh no, I'm in Scully's body.

        Wait, I'm in Scully's body! Me, Fox Mulder, in Dana Scully's body.  One of the hottest women in the Bureau.  And I'm in her body....

        Suddenly, a thought occurs to me, I'm sure Scully doesn't want her body getting stinky and gross, so I'll just take a shower and get clean....

        Wait, I'm better than that. This isn't how I roll.  I give Scully my utmost respect, and she gives me hers.  I can't go and violate her body without her knowing! She'd freak. Well, maybe one peek wouldn't hurt...

        And just as I'm about to do so, the phone rings. Who could be calling me? I rarely get calls... I walk over to the phone, and pick it up off the receiver.

       "Mulder," I say, almost in a defeated kind of tone.

Scully's POV

        "You're not Mulder... Ma'am? May I ask who this truly is?" She sounded like me, no, wait, exactly like me. I guess I was zoning out, because all of a sudden, the woman on the phone starts to get my attention.

        "Sir? You there? I'm sorry, I but I am Mulder, and I am not a Ma'am, I am a man. I'm sure you would be able to tell the difference if you listened to... My... Oh my God..." Did that person just say oh my God in the exact tone I say it? Who is this person?!