n i n e

and i chase it down, with a shot of truth
that my feet don't dance like they did with you

"He's—He's dead..."

The room grew quiet as everyone stared at Luke's now lifeless body. Calum and Michael are too numb to move as they can only stare at their now dead friend.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. We've tried everything." the doctor said as their voice is lace with sorrow.

"Luke, can you hear me?"

The blonde is wide awake and he looks around and he's...at his home? That is when his blue eyes land on a pair of familiar hazel eyes.

"Where am I?" he ask.

"Home," Ashton responds with a light smile.

"When am I going to wake up?"

A frown appear on Ashton's face as he tries to avoid Luke's gaze.

"Why are you always hesitant when I ask you a question? I need to know because I miss Calum and Michael."

"I'm sorry Luke..." Ashton whispers as his frown deepen.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything, love."

"You will never wake up, Luke."

"What?"

"You died!" Ashton exclaim before he repeat himself in a calmer manner. "You died."

Luke does not know what to say.

"It was hard to watch you go through all that...because of me. I thought the moment I died, you would forget about me."

The blonde is gobsmacked over the fact that Ashton ever thought of that about him.

"Ashton, I would never forget about you! You were my first and only love. Losing you meant losing myself. I was in complete pain everyday because I wasn't there to help you. I love you so much." tears form in his eyes as he remembers the exact moment.

"But now," he said just above a whisper, in case his voice cracks. "we can be in peace. Just us two and we can look after our loved ones. All I ever want is to be by your side and I'm happy."

Tears form in Ashton's eyes as he went to hug Luke. The tallest of the two went to kiss him on the lips.

"Now," Ashton smiles. "May I have this dance?"