Accepted pt1

I've worked so hard yesterday, I don't even think I can get out of bed. I really think Shari should've gave us more time to makeup a dance and learn in by heart, a day just won't do it. I need this though, more exposure would be amazing to help me get in to Julian school of dance. I also get to see mr hottie more if they choose me to be one of the background dancers.

I get ready in under an hour and head out the door.

It's a pretty boring car ride, at 7 they have the weakest music on the radio so I might as well just practice my dance routine in my head for the 20 minute drive

Once I get there, I see all the girls stretching. It's weird because they're usually always late to class. Maybe they're here early for the boys, who knows with them anymore.

"Harlem!" I look to the side and see Devin walking towards me.

Harlem be cool
Don't act crazy
Don't say anything stupid

"Hey Devin, I missed ya." Right after I say that, I mentally slap myself. I just met him yesterday and I'm saying that I miss him? This is probably why I'm a single Pringle.

"I missed you too." He says flashing a smile. Not just any smile. A smile that actually felt genuine. "Just wanted to tell you good luck." He walks away and I instantly thought he was going to go to the other girls and say the same thing, but he didn't. He went to a table which looked like judging table. Maybe I'm just over thinking it. Maybe he told the other girls good luck before I got here. Maybe not since all the other girls were death glaring me. It got awkward and creepy really fast until I spot Alaysia and basically sprint towards her with a smile. Once I reach her she looks at my expression and gives me a puzzled look.

"What's making you so happy?" She says getting up from her spot on the floor and chuckling.

"I don't know, I'm just in a good mood I guess." I tell her, but she obviously doesn't believe me. Don't get me wrong I'm always happy but there's a difference between happy and excited. I was excited.

"Oh now I know! It's Devin, you're happy to see Devin." She says loud, as if she was trying to get him to hear her. She's been trying to play match maker for the longest. Luckily he didn't hear her. I just don't want a relationship that distracts me from my passion. I shouldn't even have a crush on Devin at all.

"Anyways, we should practice our dances." I say trying to change the subject. She gives me a look as if she's telling me that we're gonna talk about this later. She dances her routine as do I.

Five minutes after practicing my dance, shari starts to call us one by one to the table. She finally calls on me and my heart start to pump like crazy. I walk up to the table and I see that Devin is already looking at me. I try to fight back a blush but there was no promises it worked. The order of the seating was Devin, Kevin, Daniel, Shari. "Hi my names Harlem Lewis and I'm 16 years old." I say standing up confidently.

"Well Harlem you could start now." The Kevin guy said with a smile. (Dance below *pretend the guys not there though*)

After I finished the dance everyone looked at me with there jaws dropped. I waited about a minute before they even said anything. Which is hopefully a good sign. Shari was a new teacher so she hasn't seen me dance much, which probably explains the shock in her face.

"You could leave your phone number and I'll call you.. for the dance of course" says Daniel with a smirk. I start to laugh and Devin Kevin and Shari both smack his arm, telling him to stop.

"We'll let you know tomorrow in class." Says Shari with a smile. I go back to Alaysia but they call her up. "Good luck." I say hugging her tightly. It would crush me if one of us were accepted without eachother. We knew eachother since kindergarten and since then we did everything together.

As I'm waiting for her, she come up to me running. "I think it went amazing." She says smiling hard.

"I know it went well. Now we just have to wait until tomorrow." I say packing up my things.

"I have to go but text me when you get home." She says walking away.

As I'm putting my dance shoes in my bag I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn around and it's Devin. "Hey, that audition went amazing." He says hugging me and walked away before I could say anything. He went away oddly fast but I'm too in shock to worry about it. I smile to myself and walk to my car.

*at home*
"How's the audition go?" My mom asks me while she sets dinner up.

"It went well. Tomorrow I know if I made it." I say and she looks a little sad.

"When you get accepted you're gonna travel a lot so don't forget to text and call me every day." She says setting a plate of lasagna in front of me.

"I promise is it forget" I say before chomping down on my food.

As I'm changing I see something fall out of my pocket. It's a folded paper. I open it and it read...

You did amazing today. Maybe we could hang out sometime. This is my number 860-***-****. Text me

Wait who is this? It didn't have a name on it and I don't remember anyone putting a note in my pocket. I'm going to just text this person and ask.

Me: who's this?

860-***-****: I'm devin.. who's this?

Just then my jaw dropped. Devin put that note in my pocket.

Me: it's Harlem

We spent the rest of the night just texting and getting to know eachother. I told him I was tired so we stopped texting and I fell asleep. I had an amazing day didn't I?