Chapter 3: My reason...

*****************

(A/N): Hola hola hola! Here chapter 3!!!! So yay! Btw... pic of Chris Lowell (Drew) on the side!!!

************************

Blair's POV

My heart broke as I looked at Tate.

"What? What do you mean came back? You, you left?" He asked, voice filled with hurt.

I nodded and let out another sob. Tate looked into my eyes in disbelief then ran away from me and shifted.

"Tate! Please! Come back!" I begged, crying again.  My wolf was killing me inside, howling and begging me to chase after our mate. I shifted into my wolf form but didn't move.

I slid down and sat on the forest floor, tears still flowing.

I'm so sorry! Please Tate! I thought I was doing the right thing! I called out through our mind link, pleading. He seemed to be blocking me out though which made me howl out in pain.

Damn me! I thought. How could I have done that to Tate!? My heart shattered as misery filled me head to toe. What I had done to Tate was horrible, but I didn't regret it. I did it to protect him, but if I tried to tell him the truth now, I doubt he would believe me.

Suddenly, about four other wolves surrounded me. They started to give me shocked looks.

My eyes got huge as I remembered what Tate had said. The entire pack, including my mate, thought I was dead.

Just then, a dark brown wolf approached me and I realized it was Drew. My eyes got even bigger.

Blair? Is it really you? He asked and I nodded. Then he sent images to me, which I recognized as Tate's memories.

Tate must have shared what happened with Drew. My wolf told me.

How could you do that to your pack? To TATE!?! Drew growled at me, interrupting my wolf. Do you have any IDEA how much pain he has gone through because of you! He loved you and you just, what? Got bored and left? He thinks of nothing BUT you and the misery you caused him by 'dying'! Trust me! I know!

I looked down in shame and Drew nodded towards the wolves, who then escorted me back to the little werewolf prison. I saw Luke in a different cage, breathing, but unconscious and I let out a sigh of relief.

The wolves pushed me into another cage then left, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

***********************

*Next Morning*

I hadn't slept well at all during the night. I was constantly tossing and turning, dreaming about Tate.

Suddenly, a loud, banging noise aroused me from my sleep and I saw Colby, the third in command, banging on the bars with a stick.

Fear panged through me as I remembered the reason I had left this pack.

FLASHBACK

I was so happy. I had a loving mate and a beautiful new home to raise our pups in.

The excitement of my new life stirred inside me as I skipped my way up the stairs, to what I thought was the library. I had just come back from my hometown with Tate and we had been there for a whole year, visiting my parents. And they had built new places while we were gone, so I had no idea where stuff was now.