Walking In The Day - Pt 9

WitD

"House is farther down this way," muttered Peyton as her feet thumped the ground. She'd snuck out of the house and had ventured out onto the tracks. Kameron had said she lived farther up the road, hence the tracks, and her deep need to root out Kameron's secret was leading her feet in that direction. She was sure that the standoffish woman had a secret and Peyton was thinking it was huge. A past filled with drugs? Or something scandalous. Peyton reached out with her telekinetic power for no reason other than she liked the kick of power it gave her. Often, Peyton wondered if her mother had such a power, or her father, since it had to come from somewhere, didn't it? But, Peyton was unable to broach that subject with her father, she could just imagine the conversation that would bring.

Hey dad, did mom move stuff without touching it?

Peyton threw the thought from her mind and tried to think of nothing but Kameron Ambroise.

Feet thumping on the old rotting wood of the abandoned tracks, Peyton moved with ease and grace. Her dark eyes were filled with thoughts of Kameron. Drifting to the many scenarios that she might be privy too when she found Kameron. What was she going to say to her?

Hi, I'm here to learn about your deepest, darkest secret, want to talk? I'll tell you my secrets if you tell me yours. I can move stuff without touching it, you know, like that little girl in that Steven King novel, what do you do? Happen to be a werewolf? Cool, I like furry things....

Stupid, but what else was she going to do? Talking to her father was out of the question, maybe Kameron was just the sounding board she needed. Oddly, she'd already confessed half of her secrets to Kameron, without any prompting, that fact that she preferred girls to guys. Peyton didn't know what had possessed her, what made her want to tell people that she was a lesbian, or gay, or whatever anyone wanted to label it nowadays.

Peyton knew what it was, she had never liked to hide, to hide who she was, and now she had found herself hiding two large secrets and one of them was bound to come out. Now if only Kameron had just as big a secret, or even something small, either way, to share a secret was nice.

WitD

Still reeling from the episode earlier, Kameron had now thrown open the barn doors, letting the sun spill into the barn. The sun reassured her for some reason, she knew that the sun was, in some levels, her foe, yet she took massive comfort in it. Having driven Sarah's car out of the barn, Kameron stood at the open door, surveying the barn.

Crouching, and then leaping up almost ten feet, she grasped the top of the door, fingers finding hold where others would not. Kameron swung her legs up, and released her hold on the beam, somersaulting twice in midair, before capturing another rafter, even higher above the ground. She continued her super human acrobatics, not knowing that someone else was watching. Jumping, leaping, and swinging from one side of the barn to the other, making quick use of all her abilities.

WitD

Peyton hunkered down next to a tree, watching as Kameron Ambroise played gymnast in her barn. Her body moved like nothing that Peyton had ever seen before, it was inhuman, unnatural. She watched, enraptured for a long time, then she stood and began to walk over to the barn. The long muscles on Kameron's arms flexed and clenched with each movement. Like fluid stone, a soft sheen of sweat made her skin glow and glisten. Gracing the doorway and looking up, the sunlight framing her there, seeing Kameron, seemingly enjoying herself by swinging from one rafter to another. "What the hell are you doing? You're going to kill yourself!" called out Peyton without thought.

Distracted by the sudden invasion of her territory, Kameron's next grip slipped, causing her to go careening towards the ground. Peyton screamed, covering her eyes and turning away, her power instinctually reaching out and slowing Kameron's fall.