29

Percy's POV:

~Three days later~

I heard myself groan as I woke. I was feeling odd, to say the least. I felt heavy and weak, and couldn't remember where I was or how I got here.

Someone was wiping a cool, damp cloth across my forehead.

"Shh." She said. "It's okay Percy."

Slowly, I managed to open my eyes, finding Annabeth smiling down at me.

"Hey." She said softly.

"Hi." My throats was hoarse and my mouth was dry. I still didn't know what had happened, but it looked like I was once again in the Avenger's med bay.

This time, however, there was an I.V. Drip attached to my left arm, and Steve was asleep in a chair to my right, while Bruce and Annabeth were to my left.

"Hey, Percy." Bruce said. "I'm just going to check your pupils really quick, alright?"

I nodded sluggishly, and he shown a small penlight across both of my eyes.

"Alright, looking good." He said, and Annabeth smiled. "Do you know where you are?"

"The med bay." I replied. "What happened?"

Bruce turned to the agent who was guarding the door. "Find the other avengers. Tell them Percy is awake." Once the guard left, Bruce turned back to me. "What's the last thing you can remember?" He asked.

I tried to think back...I had been possessed by venom, they stopped that, really painful by the way. Then Jason... and... "Oh my gods, Piper!" I nearly shouted, sitting upright in my hospital bed.

My head swam at the sudden movement, and Annabeth helped me lay back down. My outburst had woken Steve from his sleep.

"Where is she?" I asked. "She's not still...there. Right?" At first, nobody answered. "Right?!"

"Percy, you need to calm down, you're very weak from the poison." Bruce told me gently.

Why is everyone talking to me like that?

Before I could ask, the avengers and the rest of the seven walked into the room, Piper not among them.

"Is she okay?" I asked again. "Where is she? What happened?"

"Percy," Annabeth said. "You have been in and out of consciousness for three days. When you were awake, you were delusional from your fever. A lot has happened... you need to rest."

Hazel came up to my bed. "I know your worried, Percy, but we're not going to just leave her there.  The gods promised to work with Thanos. She'll be out in no time."

"No time..." I repeated, shaking my head. "Down there. That'll be years for her."

Annabeth nodded. "We're doing all we can."

Them I realized something. "You said I was poisoned?" I asked Bruce.

"You don't remember that?" Steve asked me.

"The last thing I really remember is all the monsters running away." I replied.

Bruce nodded. "Loki stabbed you with a blade laced in Elder Python Venom."

"Elder Python... isn't that what Luke used to poison Thalia's tree?" I asked.

Annabeth nodded.

"Then how am I alive? The fleece isn't here..."

"Well," Leo replied. "That'd be on account of your awesome girlfriend, here."

"Why am I not surprised?" I asked.

Annabeth sighed. "I didn't even really do anything..."

"Didn't do anything?!" Leo gasped dramatically. "This fine young lady marched herself right on up to Olympus and into the Gods' throne room, and commanded that they heal you, or she'd personally see to it that the next time they have a problem they needed solved, they'd have to get up off their butts and do it themselves, because no demigod would ever help them again if they let you die. It was scary."

I laughed as Annabeth blushed lightly. "It didn't happen quite like that..." she said.

"Yeah," Frank agreed. "She was much more vicious."

That got everyone laughing.

The Avengers and demigods stayed for a while. Laughing, telling stories and jokes. And that's when I realized it.

All this time I'd been saying, "the Avengers", as if I wasn't one. But I was.

Fury may have made me an Avenger all that time ago, but it wasn't until now that I truly understood.

The Avengers isn't a team. It's a family.

My family.

I am Percy Jackson. Demigod son of Poseidon, one of the Seven, Hero of Olympus.... Avenger.