🎯 ~ Tip #7 ~ 🎯

Shotgun Nerfs

 Source: "Fortnite's Shotguns Just Got Nerfed Again -- Here Are All The Weapons Changes In Today's Big Update"  by Erik Kain on Forbes

  *Sighs* Yeah, more nerfs. Well, at least you need skill to use the shotguns now. But now pumps are really getting hit hard by these most recent patch notes. Although, they might change. I do have ideas on how to get around this nerf.

   Now, the pump is still a pretty good gone but you can no longer one pump someone if they have full shields and health. Because the 85 damage times the 2.0 headshot multiplier would equal 170. That's still a hefty amount of damage. If you have another pump, you can pull it out and finish the job. 

   The tactical did suffer the same headshot multiplier nerf, but not in damage. But it's still garbage. If it's the only shotgun you have, then keep it. But I feel like an SMG is gonna do better than it. The only viable tac would be the blue one, and that's about it.

   But there is a better strategy than that and that is to use double heavy. The heavy had received NO nerfs, but the pump still out damages the heavy shotgun. The heavy usually gets a max of 167 or less. Yet, the heavy shotgun has NO DELAY, which is awesome. And so you can run a pump, shoot with your pump, and then switch to your heavy shotgun or vice versa, whichever you prefer. 

   This really balances it out since no one really picked up the heavy shotgun, but now more and more people are starting to pick it up. They come in epic and legendary, and so it makes sense for them to be top tier guns. The only problem is that they're rare, and usually getting summoned in chests. But if you find one, immediately trade one of your pumps for it. If you only have one pump, trade it anyways. The heavy is just really beneficial.

   Also, I forgot to mention another nerf. Before the patch, the neck and head counted as the head hitbox. But now it's reduced to only to the head. There is a circular hitbox on the head now. And so you have to fully focus on the head for it to count as a headshot. That's why you need more skill now to land those headshots. Getting the high ground can really help because while you're looking down at your opponent, most of the spread would land on the head than on the upper body.

There is a Youtube video up above to help you visualize the nerf and gets into more detail than what I have explained.

With that, I hope this gives you better shotgun battle guns. Make sure to smack that vote button before you go!  ^-^